X

Sprocket change?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprocket change?

Can anyone of ya'll give me a good place to find sprockets and chains for 02' 750 Katana? I just want to upgrade maybe two teeth on my back sprocket and get new chain. I want a steel sprocket instead of Aluminum. And whats the deal with al "520 chain convertion"? Someone hook me up with a site or something =) thanks ya'll.

Good things have been said about sumofallparts.com

520 is the width of the chain. Most super sports are 520 therefor most good deals on chain/sprocket kits are 520.

Some people incapable of rational analysis think going to a 520 is a bad idea. But they are incapable of rational analysis.. So there you go..

Comment

that site didn't seem to work

Comment

yeah thats where i just got my conversion from.... down one up front... up two in the rear... which most people will say is the best ration if your gonna change....

they also offered many diff colors for the sprockets and the chains....

i will post a thread when i get em in... with pics and my opinion on the swap....
        THE EMAIL BANDIT
        F4 I stunted out
        Cbr900 (low and stretched)
        MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

let me know how the upgrade goes. I have an '05 600 and I'm not sure if I want to go down 1 tooth up front or change the rear. I've always heard that more than a 10% change will ruin the ride, whether it's on the top end or bottom.
          Sip 1

Comment

Other advise would be keeping the front the same size and just increasing the rear. Longer chain life from what I hear.
            -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
            X