X

4-way flasher on 04+ Kats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-way flasher on 04+ Kats

Where is the 4-way flasher located on 04+ kats?

I have a 03 kat, but I have a 05 Left Control Switch on mine. I have the yellow pass switch, but I was wondering if I had the 4 way flasher as well. Where is it located? how do you active it? Thanks

-Roops
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

as far as i know no hazard or 4way flashers. if there is it would be nice to have sometimes.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

The '04+ have the 4 way flashers. I think the button is close to the headlight "pass" switch or the directional button. I can't remember exactly where it is, but it's there.
      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I have an 04, but have no clue what the 4-way flasher is. If someone let's me know what it does, I'll be glad to look. If you're talking about the hazard switch, it's on the right handlebar, just above the starter IIRC.
        Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, 4 way flasher is the same as hazard lights - just a different way to say it. So I guess that's where the button is.

On my model (an '02) all that's on the right handlebar is the starter button and the kill switch. Guess it makes sense they would add the pass button to the left bar and the hazard button to the right bar. No point in crowding up one bar with both buttons...

Ever use the flashers for anything?
          ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Yeah they started the hazard button option in either 03 or 04.

The hazards come in real handy if you're stopped along side the road to rest for a minute, or if you're sitting in traffic and you're at the end of the line and cars are coming up behind you getting in line. This helps you be more visible.

Comment

I have a 05 and it's above the starter button
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

oh cool. Anyone have a picture of what it looks like? I wonder if I could make one? or maybe just order the switch to put in. I think there is a blank spot right above the started button on my bike (03 kat)
                03 GSXR 1000
                04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Here is a pic of the flasher switch on mine. Its an 06
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yup that's it right there. Looks and works almost exactly as the turn signal switch, except that it's activated in only one direction while the other one is off. Like WK said, it's real useful when you're stopped on the side of the road and having trouble. Hey, I'd stop for a bike that had its hazard lights on anytime.
                    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                    - Albert Einstein

Comment

+1 to dgzkatana, i have the 06

Comment

Hey dgzkatana, what is that extra clip between the switches and the trottle?
                        03 GSXR 1000
                        04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski

Comment

Originally posted by profroopchan
                          Hey dgzkatana, what is that extra clip between the switches and the trottle?
                          That monstrosity is an NEP cruise control. I had a Vista Cruise I was gonna have put on but it was missing something so they put that on instead. Not sure if I like it or not.
                          Attached Files

Comment

That would be great on long distance trips, because recently, my hands have been tiering alot from my grip. I think I need to adjust my position though
                            03 GSXR 1000
                            04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski

Comment

Working...
                            X