X

00 Gsx600 Speedometer/Odometer not working

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00 Gsx600 Speedometer/Odometer not working

Im new to the forum, i just bought a 00 katana that needs some work. I did some searching on here which led me to buy a new speed sensor. I installed it today, and still nothing. The gauges light up, however; the speedometer stays at 0 and the odometer shows nothing at all. I have no clue where to go from here. Any help at all would be great!

Originally posted by Match3tt View Post
    Im new to the forum, i just bought a 00 katana that needs some work. I did some searching on here which led me to buy a new speed sensor. I installed it today, and still nothing. The gauges light up, however; the speedometer stays at 0 and the odometer shows nothing at all. I have no clue where to go from here. Any help at all would be great!
    The electronic sensor is what you replaced?

Did you check the proper hardware is installed at the sprocket?

Have you inspected the wiring harness for any damage?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yes, i replaced the sensor.
      and what do you mean as far as hardware at the sprocket?

Comment

I will forward this with "I have NOT looked at a schematic, I'm just guessing!"

I can't remember from my sprocket change what hardware Tim is talking about. But to my knowledge, it's an electronic circuit. That means it could be speed sensor, speedometer, wiring, and or fuse.

Comment

I wasnt just guessing, lol. I did a little searching and found out it could be the sensor. So i looked at the old one, and one wire was completely split in 3 places. Thats why i replaced it, but still no luck.... What a coincidence. Im doing a sprocket change soon, so i guess ill see when i take off the cover.

Comment

The speed rotor is what the sensor uses to generate a signal.

See part 21...

Part 24 bolts the speed rotor to the end of the sprocket shaft. No speed rotor, nothing for the sensor to read off of.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Would that explain the odometer not appearing as well? Thanks alot. I'll have take a look in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Match3tt View Post
                Would that explain the odometer not appearing as well? Thanks alot. I'll have take a look in the morning.

No, but then this is a process of elimination to track down the issue before purchasing more new parts that don't fix it.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                X