X

can you recondition the frame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itfben View Post
    so if the bearing and that have to come out the is it worth getting them put in after the pc'ing? i need new ones and was guna get a shop to do it, so whats my best option? tear doewn the bike get the shop to take the old ones out send it to the pc place and after powdercoating take to shop so they can put the new ones in?
    In general, you do not want bearings installed for the PC process, due to the heat as a best results option.

I would tear down all parts, remove the bearings from any part your wanting to have PCed... take them to the painters, then... install good/new bearings as needed. Nomrally, new bearings are cheap enough it's a good idea to go ahead and replace the old ones at this time.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      In general, you do not want bearings installed for the PC process, due to the heat as a best results option.

I would tear down all parts, remove the bearings from any part your wanting to have PCed... take them to the painters, then... install good/new bearings as needed. Nomrally, new bearings are cheap enough it's a good idea to go ahead and replace the old ones at this time.

Krey
      might give this pc'ing business a miss then tbh or maybe at least for the time being.
      owner of a very ill and upset 1989 GSX600F. - poor baby!

Comment

Originally posted by itfben View Post
        might give this pc'ing business a miss then tbh or maybe at least for the time being.
        You can go ahead and have the frame PCed... the head bearings are pressed on the triple (seperate piece from the frame)... you could always have that piece done later if it even needs painted.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          You can go ahead and have the frame PCed... the head bearings are pressed on the triple (seperate piece from the frame)... you could always have that piece done later if it even needs painted.

Krey
          tbh my frames ok, prob just get swingarm, discs and rear stuff duna nd then maybe forks, triple tree and forks at a later date?

it wasnt desperate but justa thort, more important things like getting it roadworthy is need to e done first.

thnks m8!
          owner of a very ill and upset 1989 GSX600F. - poor baby!

Comment

Working...
          X