00' Kat 600F - Starter does nothing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00' Kat 600F - Starter does nothing

Background :

-Bought the bike from a buddy who had it garage kept.
    -Had not been ridden in about 8 months.
    -Added LED Strips to the bike via his own wiring.
    -Added Custom rear turn signals.
    -Headlights Didn't work
    -Front Caliper locked up.

The bike bike was running after we jumped the battery. (With a Car) It was running rich, but it was running. Noting the car due to the difference in Voltage. I'm assuming that a 12v Battery isn't supposed to be jumped via a higher Volt battery. Got the bike home and is sat for two days and then had starting issues, assuming it was the battery because the bike would crank but attempt to die. The dash lights and whatnot were very dim and flickering. So, went and got a brand new battery and that seemed to fix the power issue, though now...the bike doesn't even attempt to start, not a single sound. The dash lights are all up and brighter than ever. The horn works, as well as all signals. The Stand is down, Bike in Neutral, Kill switch is off "Allowing me to start", Clutch pulled in.....Starter switch does nothing. No Fuse pops/clicks. Not turning over, no sounds.

What I Checked :

-The wiring to the LEDs, Looks like he wired them to straight to the battery w/ toggle switch. Double checked the Leads and earth and whatnot to ensure nothing was spliced or damaged.
    -Fuses 10/15/30 AMP (Main Box, Box on the Side)
    -Changed the Headlights, No Good. Turns out that the High/Low Beam wiring seemed to be damaged (Melted) inside the "Cant remember" 8/10 Pin connector. (Dash Pin Connector) Hard wired those together and the Headlights Work now.
    -While working on the Cluster of wires under the dash, I Noticed that there was an Orange Solid Wire uncapped "Hot" Sparking on the forks of the bike. Ive got no idea what this goes to nor if it should be clipped. (Obv Not)
    -Ran through all the wires down the bike and their connections and all seem to be good, other than what i specified. Looked under the tank at the ignition wires and the wires connected to the clutch and whatnot.
    -Took both handles apart and checked connections and wiring.
    -Changed the Breaks and Calipers.

This is my first bike and any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Buying a Multi-meter here soon to go through the connections. When i do if y'all wouldn't mind telling me what im looking for on the meter and whatnot.

Try searching, it has been covered a few times..
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ive seen a few posts back and forth, Didnt know if the year and whatnot mattered, so i thought id put in a thread if anyone had anymore insight or "success" stories. lol

Comment

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X