X

Any advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice

Ok , well i want to repaint mi bike, its a 91 gsxr 750. not sure about it being rattle or gun yet but you can help me decide that too lol. i love the sheby mustangs and wanted to kinda incorperate that in mi bike. i wanted to paint it black with blue stripes like the Shelby GT500KR has. ok so what do you guys think should i paint it flat or gloss black with the blue stipes? any other suggestions are welcome.
    heres what mi bike looks like now ( it looks better in the pick that in person)

heres the color of the stripes i want

heres a general idea of what the scheme looks like

sorry so long, thanks
    Any tips, advice welcome!

I say gloss black with matte blue stripes
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

i love flat paint. love love. <3.
      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

im having this same exact mental debate within myself right now. in fact, im taking my parts in in exactly one hour from now to have them painted...i have the same blue on my katana, and was going to incorporate either the silver with it, OR black.... im so glad you posted these pix becasue i was leaning towards the black anyway and it looks friggin hot!

black and blue fo sho'
        Last edited by edromero; 12-04-2009, 11:20 AM.
        previous rides
        06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
        next ride - another kat

Comment

Gloss and Gloss. Flats not bad but it won't have the nice clean finished look that you are seeing, and basing you paint scheme off of, that the mustang does.
          Needs an anger powered jetpack.

Comment

Originally posted by edromero View Post
            im having this same exact mental debate within myself right now. in fact, im taking my parts in in exactly one hour from now to have them painted...i have the same blue on my katana, and was going to incorporate either the silver with it, OR black.... im so glad you posted these pix becasue i was leaning towards the black anyway and it looks friggin hot!

black and blue fo sho'

thanks and no problem man glad to help ya out too
            you have too deff send me some pics when is done

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheelnPit View Post
              thanks and no problem man glad to help ya out too
              you have too deff send me some pics when is done

you know i will. i was a little concerned at first that the black would bee too dark with the candy blue, but instead it looks very sleek in these pix. more elegant, in my opinion that the silver and blue
              previous rides
              06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
              next ride - another kat

Comment

I'd say definitely gloss on both paints. Like Cannon said, gloss will give you a nice shiny finish and that paint scheme needs it. Wouldn't look good flat IMO. I also think you should spray gun it, because yes you can get really good finishes with rattle cans, but a spray gun would make cleaner lines where the black stops and the blue begins. At least I think so. Plus, clear coat from a spray gun just looks a lot better than a rattle clear.
                - Remember -
                Ride wherever the road takes you and
                never stop until every inch of pavement
                has tasted your rubber.

Comment

Working...
                X