X

Help with finding Windscreens??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding Windscreens??

Hey everyone.. I'm new to the forum and have been lurking around soaking up as much info as I can in the past few weeks.

I have a 02 Kat 600.
    I'm looking for a Low Profile or Super SPort style windscreen. Something similar to the Spoiler type or the Zero Gravity SR series. HOWEVER, I have been unable to find ACTUAL pictures and dimensions of these windscreens so I don't really know if they are what i'm looking for.

I want something smaller than stock and with a recessed center like you would find on say a gixxer or CBR..

Also, If anyone knows of a good website with aftermarket parts for 2002 Kat 600's that would be great. I seem to have a hard time finding aftermarket parts that fit this year/model. Lots for Pre's but nothing for an 02 that would make it look more sporty/ aggressive.

PS- I don't do much distance riding, which is why i want to make it more like a super sport style..

Thanks for all the info here..

Chris

welcome. bikebandit.com is a good source. motosport.com. denniskirk.com.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

check that out and see if you like that style. seems pretty easy to diy
      Originally posted by Slofuze:
      Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

Originally posted by c-denby View Post
        Hey everyone.. I'm new to the forum and have been lurking around soaking up as much info as I can in the past few weeks.

I have a 02 Kat 600.
        I'm looking for a Low Profile or Super SPort style windscreen. Something similar to the Spoiler type or the Zero Gravity SR series. HOWEVER, I have been unable to find ACTUAL pictures and dimensions of these windscreens so I don't really know if they are what i'm looking for.

I want something smaller than stock and with a recessed center like you would find on say a gixxer or CBR..

Also, If anyone knows of a good website with aftermarket parts for 2002 Kat 600's that would be great. I seem to have a hard time finding aftermarket parts that fit this year/model. Lots for Pre's but nothing for an 02 that would make it look more sporty/ aggressive.

PS- I don't do much distance riding, which is why i want to make it more like a super sport style..

Thanks for all the info here..

Chris
        I have a ninja 500 windscreen
        it requires a bit of cutting to fit perfectly but is the best screen you can get for the 98+
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Anyone have a picture of their bike after using a ninja 500 windscreen? I'm just curious how it would look before I spend the money..

thanks for the replies and help..

Chris

Comment

erm...hardydangerous...check his post/garage.
            2004 GSX750F

Comment

I have looked around and the best looking one I can find is the EX500 one modified to fit, go for it.

Comment

98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

Comment

I like the look of the ninja 500 screen mod that everyone is talking about, but I havent gotten around to it yet. I just chopped mine..

its not perfect, but I think it's a hell of a lot better than the stock. And the angle isnt changed, so its still not that bad on wind protection at high speeds...
                  Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                  '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

What year 500R do you need. I would like to do this mod
                    2004 katana 750

Comment

98-05
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200