X

Lowered!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered!

Thanks to Ne-oublie for the links! I got them installed, and it's back to the normal hieght (Bandit 1200 shock raised it a bit above my comfort level). Thank goodness, I really didn't like it that high. Anyways, here is a before picture (notice the 2x4 under the centerstand to allow for the hieght)...

Here is the after, you can see how much higher the wheel is off the ground...

Here is the links, installed...

Now, one question. I'm pretty sure I know the answer already, but thought I would ask. The center stand now rubs on the new bolts (which I knew was going to happen before I even bought them). Question is, can I just let it ride here? I just don't want to drop the darned exhaust again. Here is how it rides...

Thanks again to Ne-oublie! Great work on these!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

I guess I can see the centerstand beating up on the links a bit. I'm not sure....

Maybe try it out for a while and keep an eye on both the centerstand and the shock linkages?

Perhaps get a section of heater hose/radiator hose and wrap the portions of the stand that hit....
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

very nice. isnt there a stop or rest on the left side for the centerstand when it's up? perhaps that can be extended a little?
      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

remove the centerstand thats look dangerous I have a question why would you add 1200 stocks???? did you know that adding the stocks it would raise the bike by 2 inches
        Last edited by JBLUE; 06-30-2008, 08:25 PM.
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE View Post
          remove the centerstand thats look dangerous I have a question why would you add 1200 stocks???? did you know that adding the stocks it would raise the bike by 2 inches
          The B12 shock is a well known bolt-on upgrade for the katana. And yes, I'm sure he knew it would raise his seat height.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

It really doesnt affect it a whole lot.

There is minimal movement there once the spacers and the bolts are torqued down. When the bike is sitting still, if you bounce the suspension, you may hear a click from loading and unloading the suspension which causes the centerstand to "tap" the spacer. If I remember correctly, once you are actually on the bike and the suspension is loaded up, the centerstand no longer makes contact with the spacer.

If you dont feel like removing the exhaust to remove the centerstand, ride it like that for 20-30 miles and then inspect the spacer to see what kind of wear you see in that area. I put over 200 miles on my bike with it like that and didnt have a single problem.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              The B12 shock is a well known bolt-on upgrade for the katana. And yes, I'm sure he knew it would raise his seat height.
              I know that using b12 stocks is a popular upgrade but its also add height to the bike but it does not mean that its a right upgrade for the person who is having issues with the height of the bike thats why I ask him the question to get his answer I raise my bike by two inches because I knew being tall (6.1 ft) that there would not be a problem with me flat footed the ground while stopping otherwise I would not have raise the bike two inches because a upgrade is popular does not mean doing it if controlling the bike becomes a issue than its not right for you
              sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

No, I can still flat foot it without the lowering links, albiet, if it's uneven ground at a stop light, I have to make sure there is no divits or pot holes. I had a few issues with it that high. I didn't like how far it listed to the left on the side stand. I was always worried when I parked it if would be at too much of an angle. I actually didn't mind the handling of the bike at speed, I just didn't like the slow speed nature of it, it felt twitchy.

Before I put the shock in, I would just park it no matter where. After the B12, I always debated where to park, because I was afraid the darn thing would tip over.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Zack just up the street from me is a good welder/fabricator. I bet the centerstand could be modified to fit around the link fairly easily.
                  99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                  1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                  '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                  Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
                  X