Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Would you trade in your aged Katana for the new GSXF 650?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
    Good luck finding a moron willing to do that!
    There's one born every hour........

Really, I'd trade it for one that's been lowered, and stretched, and worked over...... as long as it hasn't been f**ked up so much that I couldn't put it all back to factory.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Yes i would go with a 650F. Just for the simple fact that this bike is very smooth and would be perfect for what I would use it for. I love my Kat600 but this bike would be an upgrade for me.

Albeit I would like to have the 650F as my everyday bike and something a bit more "edgy" as the weekend bike.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

Two are better than one-
        I won't ever give up my 2005 600 Kat (by choice)-
        but I will own another (not another Kat)

Comment

Not even

I would only go with a 1000

Comment

I'd trade, sell the 650, and get a 675.

Comment

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Due to my lifelong affair with Murphy & carbs I might consider it but I love the looks of the 98+ SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

As an alternative I would more strongly consider a Ninja 650...looks better than the GSXF, sets lower, is lighter, and has more torque than the GSXF.

Comment

well i've been watching this thread for a while without commenting (i been in the garage Putting wrenches to both of my Kats

Trade my 600 in for a 650 (Maybe... if it was a strait up title for title trade- no cash out of pocket)
                Trade in my 750 (aka the 1200 Dollar Special) Suzuki can go get bent- Trade in a bike that i tore down, dump a crap load of Blood sweat and tears into and I am about to put back on the road (with a bunch of Help from KR mind you) sheah Right- Keep yer 650F, I'll keep my 750F.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
                  well i've been watching this thread for a while without commenting (i been in the garage Putting wrenches to both of my Kats

Trade my 600 in for a 650 (Maybe... if it was a strait up title for title trade- no cash out of pocket)
                  Trade in my 750 (aka the 1200 Dollar Special) Suzuki can go get bent- Trade in a bike that i tore down, dump a crap load of Blood sweat and tears into and I am about to put back on the road (with a bunch of Help from KR mind you) sheah Right- Keep yer 650F, I'll keep my 750F.
                  Ride a 650 and you'll reconsider....

Comment

I'd do it if I could Ride it first and see

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
                      Ride a 650 and you'll reconsider....
                      I disagree. I think the bond between a man and his motorcycle (especially one that he has put many many hours of work into) is not one that can be broken by a bike that merely rides better. Me, for example (as I said, I would do if from a financial standpoint, but not from a riding standpoint), if I would really have to ride one or the other, I'd take mine. Mine has been with me through a lot. I don't care if the 650 cupped my balls while I was riding it, I would rather be riding my bike. Personal opinion of course...... but if we all just cared about better performance/looks, we'd all be riding modern liter bikes........
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by KeWLKaT View Post
                        The 2004 Katana I got instead, to me, is perfect in every way. Size, shape, position, and my, the gauge cluster... I love the Kat's gauge cluster! That's a real one, not a digital fashion-victim funky screen thingy.
                        And I personally, am in love with the clip-on handle bars of my 750.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                          And I personally, am in love with the clip-on handle bars of my 750.
                          Oh yeh, it definitely needs clip-ons. That's one of my turn offs with it. They were not too uncomfortable when I tested the Ninja 650r, but I prefer clip-ons if I can get them.

Comment

I don't see anything appealing with the new 650. Looked at them several times while getting parts at the dealership. Just does nothing for me.
                            Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Originally posted by SGTJimbo_Kat600 View Post
                              I don't see anything appealing with the new 650. Looked at them several times while getting parts at the dealership. Just does nothing for me.
                              Same here. If someone gave me a 650 I'd put it up for sale and buy a kat.

Comment

I pick the Bandit over that you can get a lower fairing and at least seat cowl
                                I haven't heard anyone making seat cowls for the new gsxf's yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X