X

Peeps with Pre 98's and 98+ Exhaust, come help me out please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeps with Pre 98's and 98+ Exhaust, come help me out please

Well, I just got through swapping the exhaust out on a 95 750. I got a 2000 750 4-1 stock header, Yoshi RS-3 Slip on and Midpipe. I kept my stock oil pan and elected to give the new header a little hammer treatment so it'd fit.

The Yoshi fits fine, no problems at all, however the lower fairing doesn't fit properly anymore. I'm talking about the fairing that bolts to the bottom of the left and right fairings and then wraps around the bottom of the bike. I can bolt it to one side but won't be able to bolt it to the other side, I'm assuming it's due to the fact that there's now 4 pipes running down to the right side of the bike instead of two on each side. I've read around for weeks to make sure a 98+ header will fit and all because I didn't really want to pay the extra $$ for an aftermarket header. I originally got my information from the "Exhaust Exchange List" post (http://katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9303), but seeing as how I've yet to see anyone mention a mod to the lower fairing, I totally didn't expect this to happen, a little insight would be appreciated. I'll post a picture tomorrow when I have some light. .Thanks in advance.[/url]
Working...
X