2003 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Kat 600

Hello,

I bought an 03' 600 Katana recently and started looking around for info and experiences when i stumbled onto here.

Just a little background: This is my third street bike. My first was a 96 Katana 600 which had been wrecked before I bought it and ended up losing to a tow company (long story). My second is an 07 Kawasaki vulcan 500 ltd that I use for cruising around town and saving gas. I'm debating on selling the Vulcan but not sure if I will since I wont get that much for it.

I got certified as an MSF instructor in November 08 and got tired of showing up to teach the class on a "beginner bike". We bought the vulcan so my ex wife could learn how to ride. And of course she only rode it solo once after we took the MSF course together. Now that I'm newly separated I decided to by a bike that I Want rather than what we need.

I'm looking at what kind of performance modifcations are affordable and will start getting them put on as I get more saavy about what works and what doesn't. When I get time I will post a pic of the new bike As it now stands and then post the modifications as I get them completed. The only thing I've done so far was put a Metzler rear tire on for increased traction (the stock tire that was on it when I bought it was WAAAAYYYY too worn down).

Any way, i look forward to reading your posts and checking out what mods everybody else is doing.

Ride Safe.

JD
    "Never argue with a fanatic about religion....unless you take as much as amusment as I do in the serenity and beauty of watching a sweet and innocent person devolve into a raving lunatic who's foaming at the mouth. Aaah...memories..." *Looking wistfully into the horizon as I pop another host wafer into my mouth from the plastic covered roll in my hand.*

Welcome to KR. Plenty of information here that should help you on your quest. Once again welcome to KR and enjoy the ride.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Welcome to KR from NC!!! Great to have an instructor on board!!!

Comment

Welcome to the family!

Good luck with the future mods!
        - Remember -
        Ride wherever the road takes you and
        never stop until every inch of pavement
        has tasted your rubber.

Comment

Welcome!
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to the club!!

Comment

welcome to KR. lots of good info around.
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Thanks

Thank you all. I look forard to getting to know the site and all of you. Have a good evening.

JD
                "Never argue with a fanatic about religion....unless you take as much as amusment as I do in the serenity and beauty of watching a sweet and innocent person devolve into a raving lunatic who's foaming at the mouth. Aaah...memories..." *Looking wistfully into the horizon as I pop another host wafer into my mouth from the plastic covered roll in my hand.*

Comment

What's up JD? Welcome aboard.
                  sigpic
                  Navy Vet
                  1998 B12
                  00 GSX 600F(sold)

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                    "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR! This site is awesome
                      "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders from West Texas!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome to KR
                              The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                              http://myspace.com/solsticio
                              www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Working...
                              X