X

Trip to the dragon...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to the dragon...

Two of my friends and I went to deals gap this weekend and I ran the dragon for the first time. Last year when we went my Kat blew up before I got there so we decided to trailer the bikes down this time. Only damage taken was while loading a gsxr beside mine in a F-150 I knocked my bike against the bed, and to my shoes because I left my boots at the front door of my house. I always forget something. Heres dome video of my first ever trip through it. I have more videos, I just need to get them up loaded, same with pics... I will add them to them once I get them on photobucket.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgngbwWO30s&feature=channel"]YouTube - 1st ride at the tail of the dragon Katana 600 on board PART 1[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOYOoESYbxg&feature=channel"]YouTube - 1st ride at the tail of the dragon Katana 600 on board PART 2[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmIjoB_3SU&feature=channel"]YouTube - 1st ride at the tail of the dragon Katana 600 on board PART 3[/ame]

Nice vids. That camera makes the hairpin turns look like sweepers.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Definitely a fun road. You have to keep your concentration and resist the urge to check your mirrors. Probably the most hair raising is when you are in the apex and some dude is in the other lane going the other direction is throwing sparks. The Cherhola is a blast too!
      sigpic

My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/twotonevert

Comment

I was up there in the late afternoon both Saturday and Sunday! Were you on the black Kat?

I was on the Gixxer with the gigantic paper plate.

Comment

Great videos I wish i was still there, roll on next year.
          Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2 View Post
            I was up there in the late afternoon both Saturday and Sunday! Were you on the black Kat?

Yeah if it was the fat guy in a grey coat on a black kat that was extremely loud lol. I don't recall the paper plated gixxer though. But then again I wasn't really looking. It was from about 6 until dusk on sSaturday. I didn't get to make the final run of the night. I put a pretty serious flat spot on my tire after we passed some deucher in a sunfire who actually sped up when we passed. Once I got around him it was basically a tail slide into a turn and that spot on my tire looked very very unsafe. I didn't want to chance it. ended up burning it off at our cabin lol.

The before picture...

our patio

at the lookout

some people at the look out...I tried to get all 3 of our bikes in the pic but that chick strategically parked her gixxer behind us lol.

left to right my friends, Josh, Mike, Me

The Kat

From loading it in the F-150 along side my friends gixxer...ohh well

Some how while it was in the back of the truck at my friends house the night before we left it leaked gas out of the petcock and I checked it again later the next day and it seemed fine so I cleaned it off and left it. Then when we woke up sat morning to go for some rides it looked like this basically. My hose somehow worked its way loose. Im going to respray both sides later in the year. It stained the clear coat pretty bad.

New decals
            Last edited by parkze; 09-01-2009, 11:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Looks like fun!

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2 View Post

I was looking on killboy and us129photos for my photos and I think that you are on the front page of us129. I am not completely positive...but it looks like the same bike. Also you said about the paper plate and the pics I saw of it on killboy had the same helmet and leathers. If it is you Congratulations!

Comment

Oh man, that looks like such a fun ride!

Too bad it's 2630.5 miles from home to Deal's Gap...

Guess I'll have to make do with the Cascade Loop instead.

Glad to hear you conquered the dragon, and not the other way around.
                  /ˈpjuːdʒɪt/ sounder
                  The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.
                  ...and miles to go before I sleep.
                  - The Cyberpoet (RIP 9/20/09)

Comment

Working...
                  X