X

rear wheel swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear wheel swap

i have purchased 04 600 rear rim compleat exept rotor wondering if o1 sv rotor iterchange and i have searched and researched archives and think thats all i need also should i use the sprocket that came with the rim or use my old 750 rotor cant compare bike is in the shop getting valve job and carb sync thanks in advance this site is awsome and has kept me coming back 4 more

Can I make a suggestion? A few commas or periods in the right place would make that a whole hell of a lot easier to read.

Long Live the D

Comment

ok. ill try to work on my grammar,spelling,and punctuation. maybee you could help me then? no?

Comment

Excellent.

Unfortunately I won't be of much help.
        I'm not sure if the old sprocket will line up, so you'd probably be better off using a sprocket from a 98 - 06. Check the number of teeth though - they could be different giving you an unexpected gearing change.

The guys that know their stuff will chime in soon enough and give you difinitive answers.

Long Live the D

Comment

thanks man love the bikes.

Comment

sv what? SV 650 and 650S will work. As far as the sprocket goes, use the one from your 92 750. If you go to a new sprocket it might be different teeth, which would mean getting a new chain. If you use your rotor, then the front rotor, chain, and rear rotor are all worn together. If you throw a new chain a differently worn rear sprocket, and your old front sprocket. You're asking for strange wear.

Comment

sweet very helpfull !! thank you arsenic13

Comment

I know everything, it says so

Comment

Working...
                X