No announcement yet.
X

todays adventures in the twisties.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• todays adventures in the twisties.....

turned out to be a lot better than the last! my friend on his zx-7 (green, imagine that) took me to a road he has ridden a couple times and i decided i needed to video the pass. nothing crazy, no insane speeds, no knee dragging... just a nice lil ride. check it out.

Huh . Well , your bud needs to work on his body position , watch crossing the double-yellow ( saw that a few times mid-corner . Can be trouble sometimes ...) , and the leader SHOULD be on the left of the lane with riders staggered appropriatley behind (increases visibility to cars) . Other than that .... your "twisties" make me sad !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Needs a soundtrack!!!, other the odd choice (IMHO) of lane position not a bad vid.

What are you using for video set up? camera and mount?
      Kyle

Comment

yea yea, i know going over the yellows is bad... and staggering in the lanes is how i ride usually but in the twisties id rather ride single file and spaced a bit. my camera is a $129 4mp digital camera, with 640x480 24fps video. and my mount is a piece of aluminum that i bent and drilled and screw to a gas cap bolt hole.

edit: and yea, our twisties in florida sucks! there are a couple roads like that around here, thats it. blah

Comment

not a bad vid...but in agreement with the others, your buddy is wayyyy to right in the lane. it would drive me nuts to follow that.

question.....I assume that is your headlight flopping around in the front. whay is it so loose like that? i think i would be worried it comes loose and because of the wiring holding it in place, it would end up jamming in the front wheel/forks and sending me flying over the front of the bike. correct me if I am wrong, but haven't you gone down a couple of times from bad luck? if so, I wthink I would be welding that sucker solid or something to cut the odds...lol.

no offense by my statement. just wondering why the headlight is moving around so much.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I must say that from the video you are a better ride than your friend. Man there really is no twisties in Florida, those were all flat 90 degree 25mph turns. I just got back from a decent ride today with my GF. We dicovered some nice country roads just northwest of Columbus. Follows along a river, lots of hills and sharp high banked turns allowing for some 60-80mph nearly knee-draggin turns(had a passenger).
            Hey, hold my beer and watch this!

Comment

My guess would be the lack of fairings on either side holding it in place .
              Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                question.....I assume that is your headlight flopping around in the front. whay is it so loose like that?
                yea.. that headlight is very temporary... i used thin angle aluminum to make a bracket, and its all held together by a single 1/4 drive self tapping sheet metal screw basically. but, it can handle speeds well over 100mph... and flopping down from hard wheelies... no problem.

my friend has been riding for his whole life (he is 30 years old)... never had a car until a couple years ago. he always seemed tobe a good rider... but yea, his riding today annoyed me a bit. i didnt like his lane positioning, especially coming into and out of turns. his body position doesnt mean anything to me, as long as he doesnt wipe out and take me out too.

Comment

Hey we all have our off days right? I was out Friday night for a while and was sliding the rear tire around in the turns since it had been raining all day. I said screw this I'm going home. Normaly that doesnt make me uneasy, but I wasn't feeling it that night.
                  Hey, hold my beer and watch this!

Comment

Early in the vid, when you passed that car, it looked like 2 motorcycle cops were coming towards you ? atleast thats what they look like up here

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                      Early in the vid, when you passed that car, it looked like 2 motorcycle cops were coming towards you ? atleast thats what they look like up here
                      nah, it was just a couple of cruisers. lots of them guys were out there yesterday.... if it had been cops... you would have noticed an extreme amount of acceleration by me and my friend

Comment

Yeah I kinda figured but thought I'd ask becuz that's what alot of cops look like up here riding around

Comment

Hey Jason, could you post a pic of the camera mount, and what are you using to hold the camera to the Aluminum? I would like to make one for my digi-cam.

Thanks
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

nice sneakers.

tim

Comment

When I click on the link it just sits there saying opening file and never does. Do you need to register or download something?

Comment

Working...
                              X