No announcement yet.
X

WHEELIES...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive had the front end of my 750 float about a foot or so under its own power,felt great, do it all the time to!

Comment

i wheelie my kat a lot... but i have to try. but under power it wont, just by clutching it. so when i get on someone elses bike and really jump on the throttle, it amazes me how easy some bikes come up

Comment

Originally posted by sinfulkat
        Originally posted by WildKat
        people blame the bike all the time for wheelies, but if you cant control the throttle enough to keep the front wheel from coming up on the street... you have no business on that particular bike i think.
        Well said

With the proper technique you can wheelie just about anything, some obviously easier than others, but if you cant control your itchy throttle hand or the rest of yourself on a bike, then take some classes and practice before you go out on the street in traffic.

im guilty of that sometimes my hand just wants to pin the throttle and make the front end come up and yes with a lil practice you can wheelie just about anythign come on i wheelied a moped an im a big fat guy
        Didnt you wheelie a scooter too ?

Comment

wheelie are by bike and rider. You cant just throw the throttle back in a 1000 and not expect it to come up. But a kat has to be worked up. I understand his piont about amrketing it that way because the only reason a friend wont upgrade is because he like the fact that he doesnt have to worry about it accidently coming up.
          www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
          Katana Frame Sliders
          The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
          98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
          I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Originally posted by sinfulkat
            people blame the bike all the time for wheelies, but if you cant control the throttle enough to keep the front wheel from coming up on the street... you have no business on that particular bike i think.
            Well said

With the proper technique you can wheelie just about anything, some obviously easier than others, but if you cant control your itchy throttle hand or the rest of yourself on a bike, then take some classes and practice before you go out on the street in traffic.

im guilty of that sometimes my hand just wants to pin the throttle and make the front end come up and yes with a lil practice you can wheelie just about anythign come on i wheelied a moped an im a big fat guy
            Didnt you wheelie a scooter too ?
            amongst other things

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Matt, you bought a goldwing ???

Comment

Yup . What , I forgot to tell everyone ?
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I would have to agree with everyone here that it's the rider and not the bike that determines whether or not a wheelies can be done. I've never attempted to wheelie my Kat while an acquaintance of mine is able to do them as easily as walking. Needless to say he is a far better rider than me.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I even want to learn how to do a wheelie. My fear is that I'll lose control of the bike and wipe out. Heck, I'm afraid of riding in the rain, never mind stunting on a bike. I guess I'll have to settle on being mediocre.
                    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

you should see Junior wheelie the Vulacn.....its the RIDER!

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                        I think wheelies are a product of the rider, not the bike.
                        amen.
                        anyone who does not choose a certain type of bike because they are afraid it will "wheelie" on them just because that is "what they do", has little confidence in themselves as a rider.

it's like buying a gun, but never buying bullets because you are afraid it will go off.

sorry...but i really do find that to be a lame excuse.

BUT.....if they were to say something like, "I didn't buy one of those because I don't trust MYSELF from doing something stupid"....well, that is a comment I can find acceptable.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
                          I would have to agree with everyone here that it's the rider and not the bike that determines whether or not a wheelies can be done. I've never attempted to wheelie my Kat while an acquaintance of mine is able to do them as easily as walking. Needless to say he is a far better rider than me.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I even want to learn how to do a wheelie. My fear is that I'll lose control of the bike and wipe out. Heck, I'm afraid of riding in the rain, never mind stunting on a bike. I guess I'll have to settle on being mediocre.
                          don't sell yourself short. I have been riding for about 25 years, and I don't wheelie. I have done them in the past, but it is nothing I am good at. Kind of sloppy really. It comes up quick and goes down hard.....just because I never bothered to practice it because I don't see any benefit in it. As for the rain....I also have alot of experience with that and I still can become nervous.
                          Having a little fear of rain or of dropping your bike doing a wheelie doesn't make you mediocre. It makes you responsible.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I agree the Kat is a very forgiving bike, you can do a wheelie but its not meant for that...its a fun, sport touring bike and I enjoy it a lot
                            ~ Don't let the ego ride your bike; keep the shiny side up ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
                              Nothing wrong with any of those lines of thoughts. I wouldn't say I'm afraid to ride in rain, just prefer not to, at least till I get all the rain gear. I love the Kat, its really comfortable. One of the only other bikes I've rode was my lil bros CBR600RR and big difference in riding postion and feel. I'm glad I went with the Kat for a first time bike. I have no desire to get the wheel up. I laugh when kids look at me and want me to pop it up, thats the image most people think riders of sportbikes are made up of.
                              Paladin

1996 GSX 600 F
                              Katana

Comment

Working...
                              X