X

sidewinder sprockets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidewinder sprockets

i ordered my trimetal sprockets and chain today! i also went -1 in the front for a little extra pep! i'm so excited i can barely contain myself. add to that i'm painting my bike (which is going ok) so i may very well soil myself.

Long Live the D

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

oh just you wait until i get it and put it on!

Long Live the D

Comment

link please

I just picked up all my put off maintenace stuff but I still need to order sprockets and a chain ASAP sine it's warming up here.
        Kyle

Comment

Awesome; waiting for parts is like the best/worst feeling in the world. The best because, hey, presents are coming! The worst because the damn things aren't here yet!

Be sure to post up some pics when you get those bad boys on there.

Comment

Re: sidewinder sprockets

Originally posted by paradoxmd
            i ordered my trimetal sprockets and chain today! i also went -1 in the front for a little extra pep! i'm so excited i can barely contain myself. add to that i'm painting my bike (which is going ok) so i may very well soil myself.
            hey plz let me know how this turns out i was thinking of going down 1 on front sprocket would really like to know how it turns out
            ( 60 mph = ???? rpm
            )

Comment

let me know also about rpms. i do mostly toll roads for comute. Usally only stay around 80mph. would like some more accel

Comment

I'm assuming this is the kind of sprocket you're talking about?

If so...a bunch of the TL1000 people have used them with great results. I may be trying on out if they can come up with that same style for the VFR hub!

Comment

woobie: www.sidewindersprockets.com

drache: no kidding man. but they came in today. oooooooh

evil-eye and gpggnnn: i let you know how it turns out.

waltari: that's the one.

Long Live the D

Comment

thanks

Comment

evil-eye, with a 14/47 set up, in 6th gear at 60mph (indicated) the rpm is about 5100. there is a little difference in the low end. it's not HUGE but it's there. the old set up that was in there before was so old and worn out, that the difference i can feel just may be the new chain (properly adjusted) and sprockets. here's a pic of it on the bike. don't mind the dirty a$$ swing arm and everything else. i haven't had time to clean. but when i do....

Long Live the D

Comment

Dude you put a new clean sprocket and chain on a dirty bike... ..set up looks nice but clean your bike!!!
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                          Dude you put a new clean sprocket and chain on a dirty bike... ..set up looks nice but clean your bike!!!
                          Shiadup ! : As long as the IMPOTANT parts are clean and in good shape , that's less time you gotta spend detailing and more time spent RIDING !
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I'm not sure what Cyber was talking about, but please, for GOD'S sake, please do not post pics of you soiling yourself.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

are you sure you don't want to see those pics lou?

i'm not cleaning the bike until i get the last piece painted, which should be by the end of this week.

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
                              X