No announcement yet.
X

Heated gear... need some suggestions...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated gear... need some suggestions...

Looking to buy a heated jacket and gloves. Any suggestions and recommendations?
    sigpic

YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA!
    =p
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
      YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA!
      =p

It gets like 60º down here!!!! I'm freezin' my nuggies off!!!

J/K I'm preparing for a long ride in late May-early June and I think it's best
      to be prepared for colder temps on the road.
      sigpic

Comment

that's fair.

sorry, i don't have any heated gear, so I can't help you out with this. happy hunting!
        the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
        # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

I use a gears heated vest. Works ok on the front, really warm on the back. Best $130 I've ever spent. On/off switch, mine sometimes turns off if the switch catches something.

Comment

Hey Tom, I can only comment on Gerbings G3 gloves and insoles. Living here on the right coast, I have ridden using these two items comfortably down in the teens. I use the dual controller, so I can set the gloves and insoles temperatures independently. Now, if you go with a line and glove setup, the Gerbings vest has a heated collar which will keep you nice and warm. It also provides connections for the gloves, so you don't have to run additional wires, which come with the gloves. I ran all winter (first time using heated gear ) and am kicking myself for not purchasing sooner. Gerbings does give a lifetime warranty on the heating elements, and the G3 gloves are very thin and comfortable. The newer G5's are bulkier and more suited for extreme conditions use.
            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
              It gets like 60º down here!!!! I'm freezin' my nuggies off!!!

J/K I'm preparing for a long ride in late May-early June and I think it's best
              to be prepared for colder temps on the road.

Stop by the "Ladies of KR" section, we have excellent hand warmers in there.
              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
                Stop by the "Ladies of KR" section, we have excellent hand warmers in there.

Single. Best. 2010. Post. Ever.
                sigpic

Comment

Single. Best. 2010. Post. Ever.
                  Ditto.
                  Tom, You should check out Tourmaster heated gear. The stuff stays uniformly warm or hot, depending on the setting. Also the jacket plugs into the gloves, which is kinda cool. The whole thing plugs into the battery of the bike. It's a good setup. My only complaint is that on the hot setting it can get TOO HOT. but it's all good on the warm setting.

And btw, on an unrelated matter....WTF is this????? ------------->
                  -
                  -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post

And btw, on an unrelated matter....WTF is this????? ------------->
                    Bunny with pancake hat....duh.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

i thought it was a chinchilla wearing a coolie
                      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

Damn, I've hijacked my own thread!
                        Last edited by tdrcomm; 03-19-2010, 02:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        sigpic

Comment

Damn, I've hijacked my own thread!
                          i do that. it's usually followed with a high five, and a post sex snooze.
                          # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Comment

Tom -

Check out wiremybike.com and the heated Powerlet vest and Proform gloves. A friend with the handle 'Tightwad' runs the site - see if he can give you the VFRD discount (tell 'em 5thGenJim sent you - though he may mark you up 5%, you never know).

Hittin' that is like dumping a fresh quart of oil in a blown motor.... who am I kidding, I'd hit it anyway...
                            Last edited by VifferJim; 03-19-2010, 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Damage is already done
                              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Working...
                              X