X

Bike only runs on full choke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike only runs on full choke

My 94 kat will only run on full choke, even after running for a few mins, if I try to close the choke even a tiny bit it dies. What is going on? The carbs are clean, spark plugs good, battery good, I just don't get it! Please help.

I had a similar problem, where even with full choke it would eventually die. I changed the plugs and it runs fine now.
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Comment

Well , if you're SURE the carbs are clean , and the plugs good , than I'd wager the pilot screws ain't right (considering that the idle is set right to begin with) . What's it idle at NOW ?
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

are you pos. the carbs are clean? did you change out the gas in the tank? fuel filter?

Comment

I just had the carbs cleaned yesterday, The plugs are brand new an just put in also. The gas in the tank is old, I will try to drain that and run some new stuff through next.

Comment

Well , I don't think old gas would do quite THAT . May run crappy , but ..... Here's hopin' , eh ?

Comment

The idle is running around 1100RPM

Comment

Check all your carb to airbox boots. Anyone else think that may cause that? Air leak?
                AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

Thanks, I will try that next, this bike is getting very frustrating.

Comment

Yeah , they're GOOD at that . Any luck yet ?

Comment

Yeah, well the guy that swapped out my engines said that he tore apart and cleaned the carbs but he must not have done a very good job. I ran some seafoam through with fresh gas and that helped quite a bit. Then it was leaking gas but since has stopped and I think he put the farings back on wrong or something because the bottom front one on the right side was touching the exaust pipe and melted...what a mess!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X