X

can you help with exhaust question?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you help with exhaust question?

I'm wondering if the oem exhaust from a 1982 GSX750 will fit a 1982 GS1000S?
    The look very similar but there are some differences...
    Part numbers are different.

Please help if you know

Originally posted by flynbulldog View Post

Please help if you know
    I'd have to see them both, but I'd guess the mounts are a little different. I have an original GS1000S exhaust that I would be glad to photograph and get you some measurements if that would help.
    GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
      I'd have to see them both, but I'd guess the mounts are a little different. I have an original GS1000S exhaust that I would be glad to photograph and get you some measurements if that would help.
      Do you want to sell it?

Comment

Do you want to sell it?
        Ummm, one side of me says "let it go"...... while the other says "keep it forever" .....

I'll put it this way, as of today, I'm keeping it. I'm a hoarder by nature... But, I'm still more than willing to help you out by taking pics and/or measurements.
        GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Please help if you know
          Do you mean, GSX750/GSX1000S?
          El G
          GSX1000SZ-My Beloved Rat http://photobucket.com/GIABLO-MOTO 714-461-9607 [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giablo View Post
            Do you mean, GSX750/GSX1000S?
            El G
            hmmm, I mean will an exhaust that was off a 750 fit a 1000 or 1100?

It looks like the exhaust that I'm after was on a GSX750 and has stamping that indicate that it could be off some sort of 1150... confused yet?

mufflers are 2GE1150 under model and Sankei 2200 is stamped on them...

Will they fit my 82 GS1000sz?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
              Ummm, one side of me says "let it go"...... while the other says "keep it forever" .....

I'll put it this way, as of today, I'm keeping it. I'm a hoarder by nature... But, I'm still more than willing to help you out by taking pics and/or measurements.

Suzuki dog you'd be helping get another one on the road - I'm doing a full restoration on a classic - I need the correct exhaust system
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm sure someone over at thegsresources.com would know.
                1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

hmmm, I mean will an exhaust that was off a 750 fit a 1000 or 1100?

It looks like the exhaust that I'm after was on a GSX750 and has stamping that indicate that it could be off some sort of 1150... confused yet?

mufflers are 2GE1150 under model and Sankei 2200 is stamped on them...

Will they fit my 82 GS1000sz?
                  A GS1150 exhaust will fit.
                  El G
                  GSX1000SZ-My Beloved Rat http://photobucket.com/GIABLO-MOTO 714-461-9607 [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X