X

engine fairings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine fairings

Not sure who originally made them or if the true kat lovers would even accept them on a Kat, but I've got engine fairings on my kat and also have a friend that has them on his. Since I'm having a mechanical issue with my motor and lack the expertise to figure it out at the moment, and also lack the money for another motor or even a mechanic right now. I'm considering selling them if the price is worthwhile to sell, I was also considering getting a mold formed from mine and making a few sets to sell but I think I'd have to sell way too many to get back the cost of the molds let alone make enuff to get my engine repaired. Anybody have a clue what these engine fairings would be worth to sell? Or would a "true" kat owner never even put them on? I like them, they make the kat look not quite as skinny. If I can get my phone to upload more pics I'll try to give ya's a better look, don't own a computer and my phone is having issues uploading the pics but I'll keep trying
    Attached Files

front view

Phone will only let me post one pic at a time so here's a bit better pic of the right side
    Attached Files

Comment

Left side

Managed to get two pics up that time, took a couple tries tho
      Attached Files

Comment

last two pics I have

These are the last two pics I have of the bike, I'll take some more pics as soon as the last snowfall melts away so I can get the bike out into the open. I think I likely should have posted elsewhere too. I'm still figuring out this whole forum set-up, so I'll try to post on the right page in the future if I've got it all wrong this time. BTW, the fairings didn't come with a mounting system when I got them so I used mostly stainless steel tubing to mount them in the hope that the tubing would kinda match the polished aluminum.......well that and the fact that it's all I had nearby when I was mounting them. Coulda been worse, if I was closer to the firewood pile on the day I put them on......lol....j/k...... I'd only use birch to mount them and my firewood is all poplar , kidding again..... aluminum would have been my first choice if I had it but the stainless was there so......
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X