X

HJC Helmets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HJC Helmets

I was in a hurry to buy my first helmet and settled on an HJC that appeared to be in good shape. It fits me well and I haven't experienced any problems other than breaking my black shield last year while trying to take off. *sigh*

Here's my question: Would you suggest purchasing an HJC (like the ones listed below)?

I've heard some bad things about them but, luckily, I haven't landed on my head yet.

I actually got the cl-15 for free, and as bad as some people say they might be, to me its comfortable enough, looks good, meets the requirements, so what else is there to argue.
    New Ride

Sold Kat

Comment

Wind noise. I'm glad I wear earplugs because I get a headache for all the wind noise from my CL-14. Unfortunately, HJC is in the price range I can afford and I'll probably get a CL-15 this summer. More earplugs as well.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

I have a Shoei and I still wear ear plugs. HJC makes a nice helmet. I like the CL-15 unfortunately they do not fit me well.

Comment

I have a Vetter classic and an HJC AC-11. I find the AC-11 fits better, and is quieter than the Vetter. It all boils down to personal preference, and bear in mind, some helmets fit different shaped heads better/worse than others. One reason it's important to physically try them on.
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Hey i dunno if any one has read the artical in motorcyclist about 2 maybe 3 years ago called..."Hats Off" it was a big comparo about helmets, the most expeinseive, best, cheapest, DOT, SNELL everything, They tested HJC, Shoei, Scorpion, BELL, Nolan, Arei, and on and on....and after the artical and testing it was a no name DOT that allowed the least amt of G forces into your melon....So when a sales man tries to ask "Is your head only worth $50, if so get a $50 helmet..." Thats crap...Because The most expensive Snell 2000 Helmets let crazy amts of G forces intoo the brain (causing brain bruising and concussions).....But you guys just read the artical and you'll see...so just cuz it's cheap dont mean it sucks....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Agreed. I have an HJC CL-12, I think...

The wind noise is bad, but not bad enough to warrant purchasing a more expensive helmet.

It also has two "sparkly" silver stripes down the middle. Almost like somebody dumped glitter all over my helmet.

I don't like it, which is why I'm in the market for a new one.

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
              Hey i dunno if any one has read the artical in motorcyclist about 2 maybe 3 years ago called..."Hats Off" it was a big comparo about helmets, the most expeinseive, best, cheapest, DOT, SNELL everything, They tested HJC, Shoei, Scorpion, BELL, Nolan, Arei, and on and on....and after the artical and testing it was a no name DOT that allowed the least amt of G forces into your melon....So when a sales man tries to ask "Is your head only worth $50, if so get a $50 helmet..." Thats crap...Because The most expensive Snell 2000 Helmets let crazy amts of G forces intoo the brain (causing brain bruising and concussions).....But you guys just read the artical and you'll see...so just cuz it's cheap dont mean it sucks....

Brain bruising? I'm a wrestling coach and just had my head bounce off the mat last night at practice. I think I'll be okay. Thanks for your concern.
              Last edited by SL1D3R; 02-28-2008, 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by SL1D3R View Post

Brain bruising? I'm a wrestling coach and just had my head bounce off the mat last night at practice. I think I'll be okay. Thanks for your concern.

Yeah not really concerned about you, lol, just trying to convey you dont always have to spend $300+ on a helmet to get good one is all....Trying to save some stress on the old wallet...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I have also heard once a helmet has a small impact like from say the gas tank, it is no longer good. So why spend all that extra money when you replace them almost yearly.

Comment

I started biking 2 year ago. My friend who owned his own accessories shop gave me a brand new HJC-CS12 helmet.
                    Last year I bought a Shoei Raid2. I have no doubt that the Shoei will offer better protection than the HJC but it's nowhere near as quiet as the HJC. I'm thinking of buying the "whisper strip" for the raid2 to reduce the wind noise. Has anyone fitted one? Does it reduce the noise? Is is quiet enough to justify the £30 ($60) price tag?

Comment

I was reading an article at the Dr.s office (forget what mag) The best raiting was given to a Chinese helmet I believe that only cost like $75. I wish I could remember.. I need a new helmet. My head is just at the end of a HJC large. After it packs out its a little loose. A Medium felt way to tight new but I'm thinking I need to pack one out... =/
                      2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
                      Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
                      2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

I just purchased HJC CS-R1's for me and the wife. They seem to be pretty good helmets so far.

Comment

I've had two HJC helmets in a row, as has my father, and he just bought a third, a modular (flip up front) from motorcyclesuperstore.com, and I've no doubt that I'll buy another. They're good quality, well priced, do the job in a crash, and fit my head shape well, what more can you ask for from a helmet?

I wouldn't let any negative reviews influence you too much, but don't let glowing reviews influence you too much either, if you're going to buy online, at least go to a local dealership and try a few on first, to make sure that the size and shape of a particular manufacturer fit your head well, so you know what you're in for before you order. It's more important to have something that fits your head correctly in the event of a fall than it is to hit a certain price point, or get a stylish and expensive helmet that doesn't fit right.
                          "Screaming Eagle" = Harley dealer code for "Easily parts with money, and equates noise with performance."
                          -----------------------------------------
                          2004 Suzuki GSXF 600
                          1982 Yamaha Maxim 750
                          1977 Suzuki GS 400

Comment

I have the CL-14 and the Arai Profile. The Arai fits better, but the CL-14 does fit well too. The Arai is definitely the quieter of the 2 helmets. However, with all that being said. In my opinion, the HJC is a good helmet for the money and see absolutely nothing wrong it. I was actually looking into the EVO-700 Crackhead because I like the look. Anyone have any experience with Scorpion?

test
                            Last edited by Sandman; 03-08-2008, 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Here's my recomendation....don't buy a $100 helmet. It's your head so use it when buying a helmet! I paid $800 for mine and dind't blink an eye about it....wounds heal, but you can't jam your brain back in to your head....

Comment

Working...
                              X