OPINION ON SHIFT SUPERSTREET JACKET

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katanasoldier
    Originally posted by steves
    The top of a 2-piece leather suit isn't exactly like a regular leather jacket.

In fact, I find that I wear my pants with out the jacket more than vice versa.

What is nice about this one is it is the same jacket they sell by itself with the same features. I am amazed I was able to get this deal. Crazy! Now lets see if it arrives
    I think you misunderstood, and I mis-stated what I was trying to say.

The upper part of my 2-piece suit doesn't even have enough room for me to put my wallet into one of it's pockets. Found out the hard way one time... zipped up.... and couldn't breath... damn George wallet /seinfeld.

Anyway... while the jacket is very comfy, it's also very close. This is by design... over long rides excess fabric blowing in the wind will tire you out because of the wind resistance it generates.

So for times when I'm riding at a leisurly pace, or planning to do things besides ride... I'll wear one of my textile jackets with the pants... which allow me room in the pockets to put things.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Oh...........
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Received my Shift one piece suit yesterday and I'm really happy with it!

The leather is thick and the perferations look like they will do well for ventilation in the summer. The armor is a little better (more coverage) than in my husband's Frank Thomas (which he really likes) - it seems to have a little more coverage down the arms and shins. I like the shade of blue, too. I have been trying on leathers for about a year and had given up. The "affordable" leathers I have found have all been HUGE (and they just aren't made for a girls "shape"). I have signed up for my first track day in March, but didn't want to spend $ 1000.00 on a suit, not knowing if I would like the experience and return. I bought this suit from Dennis Kirk for $ 230.00 OTD (retailed for $ 599.00). I feel like this was a good find and a good deal!

Let me know what you think when you get yours ...
        ~ Lisa
        2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
        2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

Awesome, now I really can't wait to get mine! Glad you like it. That price you got the one piece for is practically giving it away. The cheapest I saw on e-bay for the one piece was 299 bucks!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Lisa, got the suit today and I am in awe! I can't believe how nice it is and the fit! I am very pleased with it! Very comfortable too. Not to mention, it looks great!

Now hurry up and get here April!

Comment

Great news! I'm glad to hear a second opinion - especially since it's the same as mine. The more you wear it, the more happy you are going to be with it.

I've been wearing mine around the house a little while each night working on breaking it in. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend and I'll get to test drive it on the bike. I have signed up for a Track Day on March 5th and want to be comfortable riding in it before then.
              ~ Lisa

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

Comment

Awesome. I wanted to try it out so bad on the road but we got slammed with snow. Oh well. I can't stop looking at it! Man this thing looks sharp! I love the logo and the writing on the pants. Really looks nice.

Comment

man, i can't believe i missed this thread before I asked the question about the jacket. where did you get the two piece suit?

Comment

E-bay. Was brand new with tags. Motorcycle closeouts.com has them still. They have one left of this color scheme for $299.00
                    I have bought stuff from them before and they are great.

Comment

Here is the link.

Motorcycle Closeouts has Insane Discounts on top-quality helmets & apparel for street, MX, ATV, UTV and bicycle. 5 Star Guarantee. E-Z Returns. Free Shipping.

Comment

hmm so many things to buy so little money hahaha.

Comment

Looks can be deceiving. You will have to throw your bike down and let us know how well it really works. LOL
                          It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

I have worn mine for one Track Day and on two Sunday Morning Rides now ... and I LOVE it! It is very comfortable. Comparing it to my husband's Frank Thomas and AGV suits, I believe it to be very good quality. The leather is quite a bit thicker than the FT.

tnvatdreamland: Noted, I have not (and hopefully won't any time soon) crash tested the suit, but have confidence in the product. Come out for an SMR and you can see it in person and make up your own mind.

BTW: Hubby crash-tested the FT suit last time out on the track ... it held up VERY well.
                            ~ Lisa

Comment

If I am lucky enough to be breathing if I take a spill, you guys will get the 411. If not, I will have the wifey write how good the leather did!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Blonde
                                I

tnvatdreamland: Noted, I have not (and hopefully won't any time soon) crash tested the suit, but have confidence in the product. Come out for an SMR and you can see it in person and make up your own mind.
                                Lisa- count on it. I almost joined yall last Sun., but thought I wait until I got my new set of treads installed first. Ordering a new set of Condi’s out of the Rock House Cycles there in Princeton. Bunch of “good ole’ boys” there. The price is right and they are installing for free. (The best thing about making a sweet deal). I miss the camaraderie, and it’s been a while.
                                Did 200MPH let his RC51 get away from him ??

Will see ya soon!
                                It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Working...
                                X