X

Looking at new helmets...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at new helmets...

because they have a goddamn helmet law on this fucking island!!

Anyway, I was looking at the Shark Speed R. Anyone here have experience with that one, or any Shark helmets?
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

I've seen their accidents and wouldn't be one bit upset about wearing one. GL

I never owned any of those helmets so can't really give my opinion on them.

Comment

One reply? With all the gear savvy members here, I was hoping for multiple responses...

Bump
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

I have a Shark RSR2. Overall good quality and finish although not quite the right fit for my head. Great for 2 hours - but after 4 hours the pressure spots become too much. (That's more the fault of my head than the helmet.) It is much quieter than my Shoei Quest - which is supposed to be a very quiet helmet but IMHO is a POS. My brother has a different Shark and absolutely loves it. They generally perform very well on the SHARP tests.

Issues - A visor mount screw broke but was replaced under warranty. The visor is smaller than most so you might find the field of view limited if you are used to not having a helmet at all.

Comment

Hi scout...after going with cheap to moderately nice helmets, I finally laid out $399 for a Shoei Strife II and wondered why I hadn't done it sooner. For one it's comfortable, and the other, it's way too cool.

I can't download a pic, but look it up....dragons.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the input. Looked up the test results. I'd be happy with 4 out of 5 stars.

Zuma...that Shoei is a bad ass bucket. I wish they had it on shelves here.
            ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
            チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
            Semper Fi

Comment

Try it on before you buy, every helmet is a different shape.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                Try it on before you buy, every helmet is a different shape.
                Only issue with that is, none of what I want/am looking at are on shelves here. I have to order online. I have a small (size 7 fitted baseball hat) head. Well, average. Not oblong, or misshapen. Going with my medium Icon and my medium Joe Rocket...I'mma guess I'm a medium.
                ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                Semper Fi

Comment

Take a look at the Bell RS1. Amazing helmet. Especially for the money.
                  Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

this might make the pill easier to swallow

DOT Motorcycle Helmets Novelty Motorcycle Helmets, Motorcycle Mohawks, Helmet Pigtails and much more.
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Or one of these tasteful lids

Attached Files
                      When I want your opinion I'll tell you it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                        Only issue with that is, none of what I want/am looking at are on shelves here. I have to order online. I have a small (size 7 fitted baseball hat) head. Well, average. Not oblong, or misshapen. Going with my medium Icon and my medium Joe Rocket...I'mma guess I'm a medium.
                        If you go Shoei online,you'll need to order 1/4 size larger than your size. They run small. I went that way on good advice and mine fit perfectly.

Comment

I sell tons Shoei's a year and have taken the Shoei university training course. I have never found that Shoei's run small. I actually find that I can get people into a smaller helmet because they fit better and are more comftorable. If going with Shoei I would say follow the sizing chart. And yes based on your 7 fitted hat your on the small side of a MED. Message me if you have any questions about the Shoei's or most other helmets. I dont carry to many sharks but I do have a few on the shelf. We stick with Shoei and Arai for our high end helmet lines.

Comment

'scuse me...I just did what the vendor told me to do, and it worked.

Comment

Well again, a Shoei is a different shape from an Arai, and each Shoei model is a different shape than the others.

Me personally, I would never buy a helmet that I havent tried on already. A helmet that doesnt fit correctly is pretty useless.

If I were you I'd just buy a cheapie and be done with it. I know how much you like helmets anyway.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X