No announcement yet.
X

How much is a Katana worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started with a $1000 project that now has about $1000 in parts. Down to the final stages and just have to get it running to my liking. A month ago I was looking at letting it go and getting back into cruisers.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
      Unless you want another bike and don't have the room for two don't sell it. You'll never pick up enough money for your kat to make it worth selling. I have bought a stock, smooth running '98 750 for €1k ($1300), no mods done yet. I decided from the get go that I would either total it or ride it 'till it disintegrates. Till death do us part so to speak.
      Originally posted by mcssls View Post
      I started with a $1000 project that now has about $1000 in parts. Down to the final stages and just have to get it running to my liking. A month ago I was looking at letting it go and getting back into cruisers.
      Ride'm till the wheels fall off?

Comment

yep, this one is for fun. Around here though I could get $2500 for it. Possibly $3000. It all comes down to what someone is willing to pay.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcssls View Post
          yep, this one is for fun. Around here though I could get $2500 for it. Possibly $3000. It all comes down to what someone is willing to pay.

Heck, that would be worth the ride just to sell it

Around here in Portland, it seems that bikes are a little more than some other places. Its rare to find anything running well for less that $700, let alone anything that as young as '95.

I'm addicted to staring at Craigslist ads and I've seen 1976 CB350s for over $1500

Comment

Originally posted by ejether View Post
            I'm addicted to staring at Craigslist ads and I've seen 1976 CB350s for over $1500

The CB is also a desirable bike, a Katana is not.

Realistically, a pre 98 in rideable shape with some wear can expect $1k, but you can probably find an inexperienced rider who will pay more. I paid $2k for my 93 since I didnt know what I was doing.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I paid $3K for my 03 with under 5K on it...

i live in canada and our bike prices are outrageous

I doubt you'll see $2500

realistically your looking at about $1200 i think and even that my be a stretch

Comment

I paid $800 for a rolling frame with an engine in it, a pile of fairings, and a box with the rest of the parts in it.

Comment

from what you guys are saying i didnt do to bad. i got an 06 600 with 7k miles for 3k although soon i hope to be looking for a pre kat so my wife can learn to ride now i know what price range i should be in.
                  Last edited by My96coupe; 02-08-2012, 03:02 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                    I paid $800 for a rolling frame with an engine in it, a pile of fairings, and a box with the rest of the parts in it.
                    Sounds like you've got you work cut out for you. Do you have a project thread?

Comment

i paid $450 for my pre 750. didnt run, front rim was bent, and alot of other things wrong... put probably $1500 into it and i still wouldnt get 1 grand outa it... but "to death do us part" works for me
                      if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
                        i paid $450 for my pre 750. didnt run, front rim was bent, and alot of other things wrong... put probably $1500 into it and i still wouldnt get 1 grand outa it... but "to death do us part" works for me
                        Until death do us part out

Comment

Originally posted by ejether View Post
                          Sounds like you've got you work cut out for you. Do you have a project thread?
                          I got her in 2008, and we both spent awhile "getting to know each other"

After about a solid month of work(while working and being a full time student), I got her up and running, and have been riding her ever since!

Comment

That's too bad! You should dust her off, get her running again

Comment

MINE IS PRICELESS!!!! LOL
                              sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

Its worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.
                                Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                                Current Bikes:
                                1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
                                X