X

Armored Air Jackets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
    well that thing had better be a perfect freaking winter and summer jacket...
    the vest is intended to be worn over the top of a jacket.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. I remember thinking how revolutionary that sounded when I head about it - putting an air bag on your body.
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I notice it seems to only be available in black. Anyone in the DoD would still have to wear a construction vest or reflective belt over it.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have a bud in the air force who wears one. He actually bought reflective tape from lowes hardware and pur it on the vest.

Comment

That makes it legal at night but not during the day. Rule in daytime is you have to have "bright, contrasting colors on the upper body". I've been through it with the safety guys before concerning a black jacket with reflective panels. Didn't fly.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by tconnelly View Post
              I have a bud in the air force who wears one. He actually bought reflective tape from lowes hardware and pur it on the vest.

You have to have a lot of it too. The Air Force requires a certain number of square inches covered. A friend of mine was pulled over because he was only wearing the reflective belt from the flight line. They told him it wasn't enough and gave him a ticket. Odd that the belt was sufficient for a guy walking the flightline wearing nothing but camoflage, but it was insufficient on a motorcycle that was brightly lit with lights and reflectors, and made lots of noise.
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Well i would think one yellow or orange reflective stripping along the beltline with two verticle strips down the shoulders of the vest worn over your already dod compliant jacket would be more than enough. If not check out hit-air.com they have models that are designed for dod. Also many hit-air units are aproved for the race tracks.

model Y-S full vest: http://www.eggparka.com/english/line..._ys/index.html
                and MLV-Y Vest:http://www.eggparka.com/english/lineup/mlv_y/index.html

Comment

Working...
                X