X

Back on a Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
    Pull the plugs, I'll bet it's not getting fuel through the pilot circuit. (dirty carbs)
    Not entirely sure what you mean by this, neighbor. Pull the spark plugs back out? IDK what the pilot circuit is. Never saw that in the service manual.

Comment

The pilot circuit is the idle circuit in the carb, it has a very small jet in it that controls the run of the bike to 3000 rpm, if it gets clogged the carbs don't work well. FYI canned carb cleaner won't clear it either. Pull the plugs and check the color- black =rich white =lean wet is weak spark or flooding. Your oil can be an indicator of flooding as well. If it has the smell of fuel, your flooding.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thank you. I'll be doing this later this evening.

Comment

If the starter cranks and engine turns, is there any detonation?
          Does the exhaust smell like fuel after the starter cranks for few seconds?

Comment

Starter cranks, engine turns, no detonations. Exhaust does not smell. Took out the plugs just now. Have minor black residue, but not wet. Oil does not smell. In the process of removing everything down to the carbs. Going deep on this one.

Comment

If the exhaust doesn't smell like fuel, I would suspect that fuel is not flowing to the carbs.

Comment

And the struggle continues.

Just figured out I'm not getting spark to the plugs. Gave up for now. I need to learn how to test the ignition system now. Ugh.

Comment

She liiiiives!!!!

Had to get help, but she is up and running. Need to fine tune the carbs, but it's time to ride!!

Comment

Working...
                  X