Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Chain SNAPPED :((. Masterlink failure, front sprocket cover broken.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright finally got in the parts yesterday to get my Kat running again. New front sprocket cover. New clutch push pin. Fresh clutch push pin seal. New chain had it installed at a local shop. And a oil change to some 15w-40 heavy duty diesel. Guy at Orileys recommended it, turns out he used to own a 98 kat. I think my bike is running a lot smoother with this oil. And doesn't leak a drop Thank you guys for the help, never would have been able to get it running again without it. Took it out to work today, great day for a ride today up in the NW.

Now I'm thinking about some fun mods for it, just got my tax return and I'm thinking about a aftermarket exhaust system! The stock one is abit scratched from the dumbass PO.

Comment

Glad it's goin again.

FYI an exhaust won't help performance any, just change how it sounds.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by Kat05TEG View Post
        Alright finally got in the parts yesterday to get my Kat running again. New front sprocket cover. New clutch push pin. Fresh clutch push pin seal. New chain had it installed at a local shop. And a oil change to some 15w-40 heavy duty diesel. Guy at Orileys recommended it, turns out he used to own a 98 kat. I think my bike is running a lot smoother with this oil. And doesn't leak a drop Thank you guys for the help, never would have been able to get it running again without it. Took it out to work today, great day for a ride today up in the NW.

Now I'm thinking about some fun mods for it, just got my tax return and I'm thinking about a aftermarket exhaust system! The stock one is abit scratched from the dumbass PO.
        I installed a Delkevic can. sounds good, helped a little on power. also installed a Factory Pro jet kit.

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
        DID. And RK make good chains. Good ones are more expensive but worth it. FAR less likely to break, and will last longer.
        I got >50K on my RK chain before I replaced it with another RK chain. LUBE LUBE LUBE. also I don't do much urban riding.
        Last edited by KAT TOY; 03-19-2015, 06:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I have a Delkevic on mine, sounds good but if you can find a Beowulf made in England they sound really nice
          2002 750 Kat
          2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
          1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
          2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Yeah I figured it wouldn't do much for proformance, with the stock muffler it doesn't start sounding great till about 6-7k rpms. I'd like a slip on that sounds abit deeper throughout the rpm range. Maybe one with an optional silencer for those quieter rides. Any suggestions on where to get a good one for around 3 hundo max? I like the way the Beowulf warrior sounds, heard it on a YouTube vid. So yeah any suggestions for a deeper sounding exhaust, but not crazy loud, abit more open then the stock can. Also I need to clean the carbs soon anyways so I might as well get a jet kit installed while I'm in there.

Comment

Devil also has a deep note, have one on mine. Love the sound.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
              X