X

pre 98 exhaust help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre 98 exhaust help

All I have a 95 kat 600 that I would like to make sound better. Looking for opinions and help. I can get a Yosh 4 -1 for $350 but they want another 400 for the install. does that seem correct? I am looking for an affordable way to make the bike sound a little better without breaking the bank. Any ideas.

Save the $400 install fee and install it yourself..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Install it yourself,see how it runs and if you need a jetkit...

Comment

Has anyone installed a 4 to 1 on a pre 98 themselves. If so how difficult was it?

Comment

It is very easy. You will need to get new exhaust gaskets which run about $12 for the set. It is very very easy.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

the hardest part is stripping all the plastics off.and thats not that bad.have you thought about a slip-on or bolt-on?

Comment

Well you cant forget being patient with the header bolts. I snapped two of them off taking them out, and I still cant get them out.

Comment

I have thought about slip on's but I need two of them which is costly, unless someone knows where I can get two for a decent price that sounds good?

Comment

I would do the 4-1 conversion because in my opionion it looks better and it adds a couple more horsepower as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tdbc3r
                    I have thought about slip on's but I need two of them which is costly, unless someone knows where I can get two for a decent price that sounds good?
                    slip ons for pre98s are pretty rare.

Long Live the D

Comment

You might have to cut some of the bottom plastics to make room , but other than that .... yeah , not hard . And $350 ain't a bad price if the thing's in good shape and is what he claims .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

What has anyone else paid for a 4 to 1 on a pre 98, and what brand?

Comment

I have a V&H SS2R on my bike. I paid $450 for it shipped. I got it from Special$K$ about a year or 2 ago. He is hard to get hold of these days but he might still be able to get you one.
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            You might have to cut some of the bottom plastics to make room , but other than that .... yeah , not hard . And $350 ain't a bad price if the thing's in good shape and is what he claims .
                            Yeah. My kat has the 4into1 from an '02 kat on it, and we had to trim up the belly pan a bit.
                            -Steve

sigpic
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I just did an install on my 95’ 750. I won a Yoshi full exhaust off an 86 GSXR 600 on EBay. The installation required me to remove the left and right fairings for easy access and the center stand to clear the mid pipe. The exhaust did bolt on but the collector had to be hammered a bit to clear the oil pan also the oil cooler tabs on the bottom had to be bent to clear the header tubes and some trimming on the bottom of the fairings to clear the headers. The muffler I received needs repacking but I wanted it loud. I noticed that if I ride it hard like drag racing it feels like it needs more fuel other than that riding it so-so hard I can get away form ordering a jet kit. That was an easy upgrade without spending a lot and also losing about 30 Lbs off the bike. Total expense was $110.00 and about 1.5 Hrs.

Here is the finish product..

Comment

Working...
                              X