Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wwwwhhaaat!!!

yyyeaaahyah!

Comment

my light comes on at around 160 Kms (the most was around the 200 Km mark)

My bike does not have a guage or a reserve.

bike will take about 13 liters in its 18 liter tank.

I have never pushed it!

Comment

When commuting normally it starts chugging and I switch to reserve at about 250-260kms. It just so happens that that is roughly 2 days of back and forth to work so I always just fill up on the way home on the second day.

Cause I know if I go to bed with a empty tank, I'll oversleep the next morning and be rushed to get out the door , get gas and be off to work.
        Kyle

Comment

150 miles to the top of red. If I'm getting on it, 150 miles will put it into the red (more often than not). I've only had it sputter once (top of red), which I switched it to reserve real quick like. I've put about 3000 miles on in the last few months, and it's pretty consistest, as far as mileage goes.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

When do you refuel
            Uh, when I need gas
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Top end of the red at 250KM, then time to filler up.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I’m just into the red so I will fill it up tomorrow.
                I only have a 112 miles on it now but i also didnt fill it up all the way.

Comment

My 06 will shut off half way through the red line section. (Around 165 miles approx). So now I fill up before it gets to the red section.
                  "Knowledge comes from finding the answers, yes, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom. Men who didn’t understand the difference have been the ruin of some of the world’s greatest civilizations." - Lionel Luthor

Comment

I have ran mine to see when it really needs to be filled. I would say my gauage is pretty acurate as long as you know it only needs to go about half way into the red to be empty

I get about 130 to 140 miles per tank before having to go to reserve, but I never really do that, I usually fill at about 120 miles. And it usually takes just a tad bit less than 3.5 gallons.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I usually switch to reserve when the throttle response starts getting a little slow, then fuel up at the next stop....

Except for last when when I pulled into the gas station coasting because I forgot that I had switched to reserve on the way to work.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Mine so far is staying accurate..
                        When I hit the red.. I'll be flipping the switch very soon.
                        I put in 3 gal.. (so I can track milage)

How big is reserve?
                        And how is Fred getting 170 miles?!?!
                        That's like 52 MPG unless you are
                        getting 4 gallons in your tank..

Comment

Fred drives like my granny
                          Live and Lean.
                          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                          Romans 3:23

Comment

hmmmm... i've run my 99 600 down all the way to the bottom of the red quite a few times and have yet to run it out of gas.

I usually put in 4-4.5gal when I fill up, and I pretty much just leave the petcock on RES all of the time because I'm lazy like that. The most I've ever gone on a tank is around 175miles, and I ride it HARD.
                            I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

i fill up when it hits the red(once a week)i try not to run dry because it can suck up trash from the bottom of the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter

How big is reserve?
                                And how is Fred getting 170 miles?!?!
                                That's like 52 MPG unless you are
                                getting 4 gallons in your tank..
                                Acctually I was wrong, I switch over to res at about 160.
                                Today is a fill up day for me. I got to work this morning and the trip meter is at 168.0, I will switch to reserve and drive the 24 miles to the gas station where I usually fill up. It normaly takes about 4+ gallons to fill up.

I will post up the total miles and gallons needed to fill when I get home.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                                X