X

thinking about getting another bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about getting another bike

i came across a 2002 kawasaki ninja zx7 for 1,400.oo its mint. the only thing the guy said is it jumps out of 2nd gear and that he would throw in new shifter forks with the bike. my question is how hard is it to do shifter forks . i'm mechanically inclined since i'm a mechanic for the past 10 years just not to much experience on bikes. been learning on my kat so far.

if its the shift forks its a decent deal but you have to be sure thats the problem, and if your a mechanic it wont be overly hard assuming you have the tools like everything its down to how much time you wanna put into it, also that new and bad 2nd usually means the bike was beat, i would really check over the bike to be sure, maybe even so far as to get a history report on it
    Last edited by blitz2190; 05-10-2012, 03:44 PM.
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Comment

That new? It's a 10 year old bike...and it's a sportbike so of course it's been beat. You don't buy an R bike to tool around the country side on

Me personally, I wouldnt do it. You can get a ZX7 that's ACTUALLY mint for about $4k, not having to work on the transmission is worth $2k to me.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        That new? It's a 10 year old bike...and it's a sportbike so of course it's been beat. You don't buy an R bike to tool around the country side on

Me personally, I wouldnt do it. You can get a ZX7 that's ACTUALLY mint for about $4k, not having to work on the transmission is worth $2k to me.
        true but ive seen much older with 2nd still in good shape
        never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
        Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
        confused katana build

Comment

missed shifts and gears jumping out causes other damage. forks might be the cause but seldom the only damage done.
          walk away
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by illwillone View Post
            i came across a 2002 kawasaki ninja zx7 for 1,400.oo its mint. the only thing the guy said is it jumps out of 2nd gear and that he would throw in new shifter forks with the bike. my question is how hard is it to do shifter forks . i'm mechanically inclined since i'm a mechanic for the past 10 years just not to much experience on bikes. been learning on my kat so far.
            Offer him $1,000

Comment

unless your a mechanic at a bike shop i would set hair on fire and run down the street naked to get away from that deal.
              im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by ratgti View Post
                unless your a mechanic at a bike shop i would set hair on fire and run down the street naked to get away from that deal.
                I am Suzuki certified (Kawasaki is the same, just backwards), and I did work at a bike shop prior to my accident. I would STILL run down the street naked with my hair on fire to get away from that deal. And that's only because it's a POS Kalwalski, the transmission issues aren't a problem.

Comment

give him 1,000 and put it on craigslist for 2,000. some one will buy it.

Comment

You'd make more money parting it out, zx7 owners are like sharks when parts come up.

I'd buy a banged up one for 1500 in an instant, but not with trans issues.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                    X