X

Back from first trip!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from first trip!

Hey everyone, went up for about a week to the Black Mountain area of North Carolina. It was my first trip up to the mountains and it sure was excellent! Very intense, and I can't wait to go up again. Here are some pics, and also a [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI2Ekorscvk"]Link to a little footy onboard my brothers RSV1000R[/ame].
    Not an hour into the first morning ride, I went down for my first time! Went a little to hot into a sharp left turn going downhill. Tried to slow down but ran out of rode and over I went, pretty slow lowside into some grass so no damage save a snapped slider bolt and scratch on fairing. Got right back up and had a great rest of the day.
    Went down a second time as well, a couple days into it. Same deal, just went to hot into a turn, started going wide and over the double yellows (luckily no one was coming). Tried to save it, leaning off the bike almost, and then I just had to lay it down, this one was a little more rugged...tumbling along the road and bike did a nice little flip. Broken mirror, grab bar, rear lights and all kindsa fairing damage. My helmet and visor got a little scratched up, but I was fine which I was thankful for. What was great is there was no damage to controls, and forks/breaks etc were all in order...after a nice little cool down and rest, on we rode!
    Put in a good 7-800 miles up there, can't wait to go again!
    Attached Files
    2001 GSX600F

That made me cringe... alot...

Glad your okay though.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Main thing is that you are okay, and the Kat only suffered minor damage - gotta love the fact they are simple and tough. Looks like you're running PRII's on her - they usually offer pretty solid grip, unless confronted with sand or oil.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

yeah just got the set a few weeks before, they feel great! I got all kindsa scrapes on my toe sliders
        2001 GSX600F

Comment

Nice! I'm glad you were able to walk away from both offs. Roads like that don't exist anywhere close to me.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Part of me wants to preface my statement with "I don't mean to be a dick, but..." and the other part of me, well, is fine with being a dick, so I'll compromise...

First, I'm glad you weren't hurt, and I'm glad you didn't hurt anybody.

Next, it's time to pull your head out of your ***, and stop trying to ride above your skill level. Stop trying to ride at your friends' pace, and take the first off as an opportunity to examine what is going on. My rule for every ride I go on, is that if I turn, I'll wait; don't feel a need to keep up. If your buddies won't do that, then ride with other people who will. I've seen people wad their stuff up real good when they were trying to "keep up." Please let us know when you will be back in the area, so those in our own lane will be able to avoid the area, the debris, and the out of control riders.

Every time I've had an off, I've taken it as a learning opportunity to figure out what I did wrong, and what I need to correct to keep it from happening again. If you aren't able to do that, then perhaps it's time to let someone else have at the controls, so you will stop endangering yourself and others.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Good to see you're ok. Too bad about the kat but she can be fixed given some TLC.
              Looks like your brother had a headshaker there too.
              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                Part of me wants to preface my statement with "I don't mean to be a dick, but..." and the other part of me, well, is fine with being a dick, so I'll compromise...

First, I'm glad you weren't hurt, and I'm glad you didn't hurt anybody.

Next, it's time to pull your head out of your ***, and stop trying to ride above your skill level. Stop trying to ride at your friends' pace, and take the first off as an opportunity to examine what is going on. My rule for every ride I go on, is that if I turn, I'll wait; don't feel a need to keep up. If your buddies won't do that, then ride with other people who will. I've seen people wad their stuff up real good when they were trying to "keep up." Please let us know when you will be back in the area, so those in our own lane will be able to avoid the area, the debris, and the out of control riders.

Every time I've had an off, I've taken it as a learning opportunity to figure out what I did wrong, and what I need to correct to keep it from happening again. If you aren't able to do that, then perhaps it's time to let someone else have at the controls, so you will stop endangering yourself and others.
                No worries mate , Though I definitely don't consider my head being in my ***. While in those two instances yes I did ride a little past my comfort zone...the entire trip my number one focus was to ride with in my ability, and for it to be a great learning experience. Both my father and brother stressed for me to go at my own pace and not to attempt the same level of riding as them, which I took to heart. In comparison the rest of the trip was fantastic, and I think I was riding very well, and at my own skill level. The first lowside just definitely caught me off guard, and I learned from it, and the second lowside I just became too comfortable and wasn't focusing 100%, which I also learned from!
                So, while I do appreciate your words of wisdom...I feel it does come across as quite arrogant, as I obviously didn't go over the double yellows on purpose. Just as in the video, after my brother following behind me for sometime, he quickly passes on so he could go his own pace...which happened quite a bit through out the trip and I was just fine with it. But fine I'll post up a warning next time, CAUTION LOOSE CANNONBALL coming up to YOUR area!
                2001 GSX600F

Comment

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by sekter View Post
                    So, while I do appreciate your words of wisdom...I feel it does come across as quite arrogant,
                    Yup, a little arrogant combined with **** and vinegar, then add in lots of saddle time, lots of "been there done that", plus a little kick in the pants, and you pretty much got me. I'm busting balls in the hopes that you will listen, because I want to see more people riding and fewer parts bikes. I've scraped friends off the road, I've scraped strangers off the road, and if me, being arrogant and not well liked keeps one person off the ground, then I'm fine with that.

as I obviously didn't go over the double yellows on purpose.
                    Yeah of course not, but by the fact you went over accidentally, is even more disconcerting.

I'm not trying to be one of those know it all jackasses that never does anything wrong, I'm just trying to help you shortcut the hard lessons with some hard talk. Again, I'm glad you came out of it ok, I just hope you take this as a learning experience!
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

easy big fella.,,, both of you have your points . HI-EVA- riding like that is above my skill level no doubt. so im not being a hater but thats dangerous . as for me , not alot of seat time or road experience. ( road enduro's for years ) but i wouldn't ride in a pine forest with that type of abandone.............
                      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                        Yup, a little arrogant combined with **** and vinegar, then add in lots of saddle time, lots of "been there done that", plus a little kick in the pants, and you pretty much got me. I'm busting balls in the hopes that you will listen, because I want to see more people riding and fewer parts bikes. I've scraped friends off the road, I've scraped strangers off the road, and if me, being arrogant and not well liked keeps one person off the ground, then I'm fine with that.

Yeah of course not, but by the fact you went over accidentally, is even more disconcerting.

I'm not trying to be one of those know it all jackasses that never does anything wrong, I'm just trying to help you shortcut the hard lessons with some hard talk. Again, I'm glad you came out of it ok, I just hope you take this as a learning experience!
                        Understood and really I do appreciate it. The last thing I want to do is go splat. A very good professor of mine always said that if someone says something and it actually gets to you, it's probably true my ears are open and I'm ready to learn every step of the way!
                        2001 GSX600F

Comment

wellll getting a replacement mirror from a buddy on here, and hopefully this will fit and is all good, but just scored this http://www.ebay.com/itm/261016187077...S:3160&vxp=mtr windscreen for $.99 haha, no one else even bid on it woot!
                          2001 GSX600F

Comment

Firstly, I love that Aprillia.
                            Second, glad you're ok. I will go ahead and just assume that you've learned your lesson (all bravado aside) and will not intentionally push yourself into $hitty situations again. If you happen to find yourself in or near western PA, holler at me. I'll ride with ya.
                            ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                            チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                            Semper Fi

Comment

I've ridden that road, we live near by. My best words of advice is.. I'd listen to anything and everything thetable may say. I've seen him ride, I've ridden with him, if by ridden with him you mean I caught up when they stopped to wait. He's one of the more skilled riders I've met and he puts in more saddle time than most of the rest of us combined. He's earned the right to come across as slightly arrogant sometimes.
                              Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X