No announcement yet.
X

Questions on a Kat 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where was the "little miss" if it was at low rpm, like its bogging, might need a carb cleaning just be careful to listen to the engine for any wrapping noises at high rpm, and if it shifts good sounds like a good deal
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Comment

Well the miss was at low end. I think it might have been the guy messing with the choke. I started it up yesterday and it idled just fine and ran good. When the guy rode it out to the street tonight he killed it and then was messing with the choke and I think he might have choked it a little too much. Like I said once I got it out and rode it it seemed to clear up and smooth out.

Comment

if the 1-2 shift was smooth and you heard no high rpm wrapping like chain wise it sounds like a good deal maybe try a little lower if you can
        never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

confused katana build

Comment

I think I am going to make an offer. I will post what happens.

Comment

I'd take it for 1500.

Just remember, in factory fresh shape it's still barely a $3k bike. So once you add a new wheel, all new paint, new tires and new chain...
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by keller9431 View Post
              The paint was just plain messed up. Someone tried to paint it and obviously didn't know what they were doing. Anyways the deal fell through. I couldn't test ride it because he had no insurance on the bike. Wasn't going to buy something without riding it.
              There's probably a reason he's selling it so cheap, lol

Comment

Well I bought the bike. Got it for $1200. Pick it up later this week and start working on it. I will post progress as I go.

Comment

I'd say for that price its a good deal how'd you convince him to drop 600

confused katana build

Comment

I had left it that I was going to pass on it the first time. He just contacted me last night and said if I wanted it I could have it for $1200. He is moving and wanted it gone. I think that is a pretty good deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X