X

To hugger or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To hugger or not?

What's up KR? So I need some opinions. I purchased a rear tire hugger a couple years ago and never got to install it. It's just been sitting on a shelf in my garage. I just happened to see it this weekend and it got me thinking if I should install it or not. I would love to get it color matched to my bike but don't know if I want to go through all that hassle or not, so I was just going to paint it black (ABS white right now) if I did install it. How do you guys feel about tire huggers?

I see no reason not to use one.

Then again, my hugger for my bike is sitting in a box in my basement so
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Pull the bike outside so you can get a good side look at it.

Lay the hugger in there in the aprox place it goes.... have someone sit on it, and then give it a look over if you like how it looks.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

put it on and see what it looks like . run it for awhile if you dont like it take off.........
        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Basically what everyone else said..

I am putting one on because it will double as a chain guard (I've been running without one). Also I think a post kat looks heavy in the front end, so a little color matched fender in the back helps balance a post kat out IMO..
          -2000 "750"

Comment

I didnt know what a hugger was,I had to look it up. Yeah man put it on it looks prety cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
              Basically what everyone else said..

I am putting one on because it will double as a chain guard (I've been running without one). Also I think a post kat looks heavy in the front end, so a little color matched fender in the back helps balance a post kat out IMO..
              Thats why I need to put mine back on, I painted my cowl black so on a silver bike I need the hugger to balance it out a bit.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Hugger on a kat also is a good place to mix in some accent color or graphics. Was thinking about adding something down the middle ~2 inches of mine to break up the blue. Good place to hide some detail.. My $0.02
                -2000 "750"

Comment

I need a hug, bad.

...Hugger, I mean.
                  ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                  チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                  Semper Fi

Comment

Well I sprayed it black and it looks good...just have to wet sand a little run. The black does break up the monotony of the blue and gives it a nice understated contrast.

Comment

Looks better than the thing that was hanging off the tail. I need to make one for the 88' not to install but, to include it with the bike when I sell it, being that it will be bone stock when complete.
                      Last edited by 92xjunker; 09-02-2014, 07:07 PM.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                      X