• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the new bike!
    SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
    Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

i'm glad you got it.just in case i ever ride with you and can't keep up.i'll just blame it on my katanaBTW i'm sure you will get use to it.

Comment

Congrats on the new bike. KR's seen what you can do on the Kat..... I can only imagine the paces you'll put this bike through.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Congrats on the new bike, working on trying to get my friend to sell me his '05. I think with a set of Helibar risers to move the bars up 1 1/2" and back 1" along with adjustable rearsets, it could be made a lot more comfy for long rides, especially if you get a Corbin seat or have some work done to the stock one.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

Right on brother!!! Welcome to the club. ANd don't even start that talk about how much you are going to hurt after you ride it a few hundred miles!

If you are worried about the comfort, drop the footpegs down to the bottom notch and get some helibars. They make all the difference in the world! The bars will put your hands/wrists into a more neutral position and you will find you will probably have better control. And they go on in like 30 mins. believe it or not, it will feel eerily similar to the Kat with the bars and footpegs changed.

The Corbin seats are nice, but I find I cannot get my azz off the seat as easy as with the stocker...it's just the difference in design, but I got used ot it after a couple months.

If it don't have it, get a PCIII for it, have it tuned (or download one) and you will find it can smooth out alot of the twitchiness you get just off of idle.

Grab a Puig double bubble for better wind protection without looking ridiculous like some of the ST screens out for it. (Mines a Puig)
            2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
            BMC Notorious 918 HT
            2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

You guys know what I just thought of.... mark... youre going to get pulled over by that cop that should have *cough* i mean didnt catch cencal

Comment

I rode my buddy's and I came to three conclusions

1- Fuel Injection is nice
                2- I didn't want to get back on the Katana
                3- His riding prowess seemed less impressive, the bike being so easy to ride.

Comment

oh, go blow it out yer azz Ed!

(BTW - sorry Mark, but he may be right )
                  BMC Notorious 918 HT
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                    oh, go blow it out yer azz Ed!

(BTW - sorry Mark, but he may be right )

Comment

Been reading up on the throttle jerkiness. Seems there is a SET valve that many disable to calm the effects. There are two different schools of thought on it. Some claim it loses low and mid range power. Some claim no change in power only that the throttle comes on smoother and that the exhaust note is a bit louder. It's a reversible fix, so I may try that tomorrow.

Joe, I ride alone about 340 days a year. I'll be ok.

I also found that it was effortless to ride at what would be normal Katana speeds. I felt like I should be moving a lot faster to keep the stimulus coming.

Ed, if you want a barely used Schwinko 005 front, come and get it.

Van, I will be sure to tell him exactly what you did that day and refer him to this site when I talk to him.

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2 View Post
                        haha no thanks bro... just put a brand new conti road attack on this past weekend.. and i wouldnt ride that far for a $40 tire.. jussayin stinkos dont belong on my bikes. Ask teddy im sure hed love it.

Comment

Been reading up on the throttle jerkiness. Seems there is a SET valve that many disable to calm the effects. There are two different schools of thought on it. Some claim it loses low and mid range power. Some claim no change in power only that the throttle comes on smoother and that the exhaust note is a bit louder. It's a reversible fix, so I may try that tomorrow. There are tons of threads on this at gixxer.com. Someone finally did the research and dyno'd the bike with and without the SET valve. Resulted in 2 ft.lbs. and 2hp increase from idle to redline. I believe the PCIII will disable the FI light that will come on if you disconnect the cables. There is a way to jump the wire to fool the FI light also.

I also found that it was effortless to ride at what would be normal Katana speeds. I felt like I should be moving a lot faster to keep the stimulus coming.

Van, I will be sure to tell him exactly what you did that day and refer him to this site when I talk to him.
                          What site??? Who's this Van character I keep hearing about?
                          BMC Notorious 918 HT
                          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

It will take some getting used to after riding the Kat so much. I think you will really enjoy the bike a lot.

Make sure you get your suspension tuned, it will make a huge difference.
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                              haha no thanks bro... just put a brand new conti road attack on this past weekend.. and i wouldnt ride that far for a $40 tire.. jussayin stinkos dont belong on my bikes. Ask teddy im sure hed love it.

Well....yea...if you were driving to a hell hole like...oh....I don't know, Fort Wayne, IN for a Schwinko, it might not be worth it. However, to drive here for even just a kick in the nuts is well worth it.

Been reading up about the suspension set up as well. Might just go to Wheeler's next week and have him to it once I get the new tires put on.

Comment

Well....yea...if you were driving to a hell hole like...oh....I don't know, Fort Wayne, IN for a Schwinko, it might not be worth it. However, to drive here for even just a kick in the nuts is well worth it.
                                you say that like im going to get angry because im so loyal to fort waste. I f***ing hate this god damn place. Be there in a few days k...

Actually.. I just got my school bills in... im now officially -45,038 in the hole for this year and last year. Dono if I can afford anymore trips if its going to cost me $1000 to keep fixing/tuning my bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X