X

2007 Harley 883R Picture attached

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Harley 883R Picture attached

I bought the bike used about 6 or 7 months ago. It had an original 1900 miles on it.
    Remember what I say here is my opinion and probably not worth a damn - any way, here we go.

Harley Davidson 883R 2007 Fuel Injected

I made many changes to the bike, some of which I'll list here.

1. SuperTrapp XR exhaust system (2 pipes run along the side of the bike on the upper right side) Great sound but probably very little in the form of performance and looks good.
    2. Drag handlebars in black
    3. Turn signal relocators
    4. Fork brace
    5. Removeable luggage rack
    6. Screamin Eagle Air system & plug wires
    7. Took most of the chrome off and replaced with Black stuff.
    And a bunch of other stuff that I won't go into.

The drag bars helped a little with the handling. It is slow to repond in turns espescially sweepers.
    Brake pedal is not adjustable for height so it can be troublesome at first getting used to the position it is stuck in.
    The Fuel Injection is Excellent and possibly the only excellent thing on this bike. Great throttle response but it just couldn't get out of it's own way.
    Shifting was fairly smooth.
    Suspension is rock hard even after making as many adjustments as possible to the shocks. No adjustments for the front end.
    Seat is comfortable for about 45 minutes - so I called it the 45 minute bike.
    Brakes were fair at best - 2 discs on the front are probably better than previous models but still not much when compared to Japanese or Italian Product.
    I found this bike to be Heavy, Heavy Steel with a motor attached that produces about 60 claimed horsepower. Didn't go very fast, didn't handle very well, wasn't too comfortable, BUT it did draw a crowd wherever I went because it didn't look very Harley when I got done with it... and that could be the reason it sold to the very first person that looked at it. The resale price was outstanding - I'll give it that much.
    Maybe I was too hard on the bike by comparing it to others I've owned or still own.
    If you've ridden mostly Japanese products and you're thinking about going for a Harley > Think carefully, Test Ride carefully.
    In my opinion again, the engineers at HD are about 25 years behind the times...but based on their sales and popularity they must be doing something right.
    Anyway, the Bike has found a new home in Ohio. I'm happy and I hope the new owner is happy.
    Richie
    '03 Kawi ZRX
    '05 Ducati S4R
    '91 Kat 750 SOLD
    '05 Kat 750 Next Week
    Attached Files

i like the way it looks, but wont get one with the way i like to ride (which aint fast, but i like the twisties). Thanks for the write up!
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

did your right leg get warm?
      Last edited by the wind; 08-14-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

No, I installed the 2 heat shields that were made by Santee Exhaust.
        (They have since gone out of business) and there was never a problem with the heat. When stopped, right leg was well far enough away with feet on the ground.
        They probably don't show up in the photo.

Comment

I like the xl -750 flat tracker evals jump bike but never ever seen one for sale

Comment

Working...
          X