X

Vance & Hines megaphone exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vance & Hines megaphone exhaust

Anyone running this system? Is it too loud for street riding?

Thanks!
    1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Originally posted by exc911ence View Post

Thanks!
    Yes it looks like mine 1100, I think it comes with or without baffle, not sure. Mine is baffled, it's fine. Rear mount doesn't quite reach tho, you end up using a gear clamp or some such.

Comment

Thanks!

To Loud? I'm not sure I know what you mean?

LOL
      96 Suzuki GSX750F
      89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
      05 Yamaha WR450F
      05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

i agree theres no such thing as to loud
        -100% JEDI-

Comment

That is the dragrace pipe, otherwise known as a "sidewinder". It comes with NO baffle but you can put one in it. It also makes for a Nascar bike, it wants to turn left as the right turns have NOT much ground clearance. As a street pipe they suck unless you are building a street drag type bike. Ray.
          85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
            That is the dragrace pipe, otherwise known as a "sidewinder". It comes with NO baffle but you can put one in it. It also makes for a Nascar bike, it wants to turn left as the right turns have NOT much ground clearance. As a street pipe they suck unless you are building a street drag type bike. Ray.
            Thanks Ray.

I ended up stumbling across a MAC 4-into-2 system that looks very much like the stock system but is chromed instead of black. Got it for a decent clear-out price (guess they don't sell too many Katana 1100 systems anymore!) and it should be here in a week or two depending on how slow customs is.

The MAC system appears to offer stock ground clearance, stay tuned.

Dave

Comment

TOO LOUD! There's no such thing as too loud! Loud pipes save lives there friend

Comment

Thanks Ray.

I ended up stumbling across a MAC 4-into-2 system that looks very much like the stock system but is chromed instead of black. Got it for a decent clear-out price (guess they don't sell too many Katana 1100 systems anymore!) and it should be here in a week or two depending on how slow customs is.

The MAC system appears to offer stock ground clearance, stay tuned.
                Darn Dave, I had a Kerker for the GS motor that you could have tried but just sold it. I got a oil cooled gsxr Hindle pipe instead. It should give some ground clearance back.

There is a stock pipe on the Kat facebook page. It might still be for sale

Comment

Originally posted by ukilme View Post
                  Darn Dave, I had a Kerker for the GS motor that you could have tried but just sold it. I got a oil cooled gsxr Hindle pipe instead. It should give some ground clearance back.

There is a stock pipe on the Kat facebook page. It might still be for sale
                  Whats the Kat facebook page???

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
                    Whats the Kat facebook page???
                    Just search Katana and you will see it. It is Rob Wilton's puppy.

Better yet here is the link.
                    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

So I received my MAC exhaust yesterday and installed it this afternoon. Took a bit of work, it doesn't come with any hangar brackets so I had to fabricate up one for the left side. Luckily, I was able to reuse the right side one from my old Yosh system. I also had to scare up some hardware, glad I have a fantastic fastener store nearby!

I love the chrome finish even though it's far from show quality. I think it really sets off the bike. The sound is louder than I'd hoped, very similar to the Yosh 4-into-1, but has a slightly mellower tone. All in all, I'm very happy with it!

Video clip at idle:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rws6mHCuNs"]YouTube- Mac exhaust[/ame]

Dave

Comment

And a pic:
                        Attached Files

Dave

Comment

Thanks, I just found your answer, and checked it out, some nice stuff there.

Originally posted by ukilme View Post
                          Just search Katana and you will see it. It is Rob Wilton's puppy.

Better yet here is the link.
                          http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=19666013901

Comment

how much $$$$

Comment

I have one on mine and it's not too loud, I like to hear the motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X