X

New To Board

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Board

The name is Rhett, I recently purchased a 99 Kat 600. Ran fine I have it torn apart at the moment. Looking for White fairings, starter, alternator, bulb covers. Any advise with this thing LOL.
    Attached Files

Welcome! There is a manual for your bike in the Katana wiki, make sure to download it. Fairings are hard to find and expensive. ESPECIALLY if you find a complete matching set that arent beat to shit. your best bet is to repaint what ya got. As for the other parts, Ebay is going to be your friend on this one. You can check out www.bikebandit.com to find part numbers or price OEM parts but they are kind of pricey.

As for maintenance. Check your tires date code, they may be old and getting hard. Check and lube your chain/sprocket. If you replace the chain, you gotta replace the sprockets too and vise versa, they are a set. Your brakes could probably use a good flush (be careful not to get air in the lines unless you have a vacuum bleeder) and I know your forks could use a good flush. Your carbs could probably use a good clean. Check out Carbs102 also in the katana wiki. Its a real nice carb cleaning (the proper way) walkthrough with pictures, and I think there is even a video floating around. Then the normal stuff, oil change, oil filter, new air filter (paper style, EMGO makes an OEM replacement. DO NOT USE K&N, any HiFlo or foam air filters) and spark plugs.
    Last edited by maniac1886; 01-26-2015, 02:03 PM.
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Welcome. ^ pretty much covered it
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. Spend time reading and researching this site. Lots of great information here. Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to KatRider from another Carolinian..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
          X