X

What Helmet do you rock? & why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liferlance View Post
    Scorpion Exo-1100. Why? Because I like the colors, the inner pop down shade is nice, and it fit!
    I'm pretty happy with mine...
    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Hjc cl17 easy change sheild matched my first bike haha not now at all and its dot and snel approved and this is just bc
      I just wanna ride my bike
      2001 katana 600

Comment

Icon Alliance and a Speed and Strength SS 700 (Running with the Bulls)

Comment

Late to the party, but...I have multiple helmets. I have a:

Joe Rocket (Rocket Science) - Shelved
          Icon Domain II (Devil Dog) - Shelved
          AGV Horizon (Racer Red) - Crash damaged
          Shark Speed R (White) - Use in the tropical summer heat for occasional commuting
          AGV Horizon (Racer Red) - Everyday use under all conditions
          (I replaced the same helmet model I crashed in, due to its crash performance.)
          AGV Corsa (Winter Test 2102 LE) - Used sparingly, so it doesn't get damaged
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

KBC Tarmac Hi Vis yellow clearance easier to see me
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Icon Alliance Matte Black.

Great all-around helmet on a budget.
              Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
              ~Author Unknown

Comment

Icon Airmada with the sensory graphic. Graphic is neon green with glow in the dark eyeballs all over. As stated before, it is a race fit and snug on and off, but once on I find it very quiet. I have it paired with an Interphone f5 headset and the speakers fit extremely well in the ear wells. Have taken phone calls while cruising the superslab at 75- 80 mph and have no trouble hearing and folks on the other end dont even know I'm onthe bike.

Comment

HJC CL-17 Streamline.
                  Check out my avatar for picture.
                  DOT and SNELL approved. Nice and comfy.

Comment

I had an Icon Moto Domain 2 and absolutely loved it. So comfortable.

Looking to get an Icon Variant once I complete my bike. Though one of my buddies says the visors catch wind like crazy at highway speeds...
                    '88 Suzuki GSX1100F streetfighter project

Comment

Raccoon hat like Davey Crockett. jkjk

Fuel full race, not the best but I bought I when looking for a motorcycle so i could test ride a bike or two.

Comment

Shoei GT-AIR

I've had Shoei helmets since I started riding. They fit my head shape better than any others I tried, and I loved the solid construction: Nothing felt cheap, flimsy, or ill-fitted.

My last helmet was an XR-1100 that I retired after getting hit from behind and thrown off my bike at an intersection . It was almost due for replacement anyway, so insurance came to the party on the new lid. The GT-AIR is a great fitting, very quiet helmet with what looks to be good ventilation (it's wintertime here, so I won't worry about that for another few months).

My only gripe has come as a result of fitting a bluetooth communication kit specially designed for the helmet (Sena 10u). The remote control on the handle-bar is brilliant and this headset communicates wonderfully with my phone and GPS, but the microphone/control console fitment deforms the left chin-bar of the helmet JUST enough to make locking the faceplate fully down, a real challenge. I'm waiting to see if that fixes itself when all the bits bed into the helmet liner better, but that's my only complaint about this lid. The interior visor is a stroke of genius: No more fumbling for sunglasses on the side of the road when riding at dawn and dusk.
                        High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Wow, most of you guys have some expensive lids. I have a Vega that cost a bit less than $100. I bought this one because it has the same inner visor that Absysn-thesis mentioned. Actually, this is the main thing that keeps the helmet on my head. I wear glasses and the dark visor lets me have both sharp vision and sun protection.

1997 GSX750F

Comment

We like our brains where they are.... we'll pay to keep it there...
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I suppose that works for those with currency reserves. I try to remember that I'm only here temporarily, regardless of what I do. Frankly, the thought that my end might come on my bike pleases me more than any other situation I envision.

1997 GSX750F

Comment

Scorpion exo 1100 jag. Only paid 150 from bikebandit.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X