X

collector box issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• collector box issue

hi all,bottomed my 1994 gsx600f on a road homp and caught the exhaust,there was already a slight blow before but now its worse.how do the 4 pipes conect to the collector box ?it has a nexus can on it but its blowing where the 4 pipes go in the collectorbox,
    any 1 no how these part,thank you

Originally posted by stokeyant View Post
    hi all,bottomed my 1994 gsx600f on a road homp and caught the exhaust,there was already a slight blow before but now its worse.how do the 4 pipes conect to the collector box ?it has a nexus can on it but its blowing where the 4 pipes go in the collectorbox,
    any 1 no how these part,thank you
    Sounds like a 4-1 system aftermarket...

The header/collector is welded all together. To fix that one, you will need to do/have done some metal work and reweld.

Stock suspensions are pretty well too soft most times and this issue is very common on a Kat wiht aftermarket ehxausts that route under the oil pan.

I would suggest looking at upgrading the suspension... it's worth it for way more than just not dragging hard parts.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks,looks like i will be looking for replacement exhaust and shock

Comment

Might want to check measurements to see if it's been lowered at some point. If so, you could just raise it up to avoid hitting the exhaust again. But for what it's worth, improving the suspension is very beneficial for more than just not bottoming out as has been mentioned.

Comment

Working...
        X