Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Poor mans fender eliminator kit (shovel removal)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor mans fender eliminator kit (shovel removal)

I am not sure if anyone has posted anything like this but I couldn't find anything like this other than after pix from Madkatter. Which was a huge help. So I thought I would make a thread of a quasi "walkthrough". I just want to post one warning before anyone tries this, Don't cut plastic with a dremmel in your underwear! hot plastic on the inside of your legs hurts. LOL Ok back to it if anyone has any thing to add that I missed feel free to help me out here. The only tools you need for this is simply a Dremmel or comparible tool, if you want a real smooth finish your cuts then I suppose you could use some sand paper as well. This is an easy money saver for the DIYers that want a fender elim kit. Ok so here we go.

First your just gonna make a rough cut to get the shovel out of the way (using a cut off wheel on your dremmel)
    DSC00744.JPG

DSC00745.JPG

DSC00746.JPG

DSC00747.JPG

DSC00750.JPG

Now your gonna make a more precise cut be careful on this one you dont wanna go to deep.

DSC00752.JPG

then hit it with a sanding bit take it down level with the rest of the plastic.

DSC00753.JPG

DSC00754.JPG
    02' Katana 600
    D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

[ATTACH]9084[/ATTACH]

Here is basically what its gonna look like.

[ATTACH]9085[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9086[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9087[/ATTACH]

Good luck on your cutting and happy modding!
    02' Katana 600
    D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

good job posting picks!

Comment

Thanks I was wandering how they were gonna turn out.
        02' Katana 600

Comment

What would be a good material to use to fill under the tail fairing like sheet metal or some kinda plastic maybe form some fiberglass?
          02' Katana 600

Comment

Wait wait wait, are you doing this on your hardwood floors? I'd be single again if I tried that!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Can't wait to see how you mount the signal lights and plate.
              R.I.P. Marc

Comment

dont worry about his floors because that was probably his attempt to get single.

Comment

some one did that to one of my bikes lol ya its pretty hillbilly

Comment

Well don't worry about the floors they are laminate not real hardwood. and as for the signals I have a intergrated taillight.
                    02' Katana 600

Comment

Floors!

Man my wife got all over me just for trimming my front fender in our place, not upset about the mess--Just the smell!
                      Great Pics!

Comment

well I got the angle aluminum license plate mod done would post pics but my camera is dead. will post pics once its charged.
                        02' Katana 600

Comment

Well here are pics of the angle aluminum mod.

DSC00758.JPG

DSC00759.JPG

They also include the integrated tail light.
                          02' Katana 600

Comment

now all ya may need is a undertail.
                            I found this place on Ebay and just sent a e-mail to the guy
                            to see if he can do what I want in a custom one.

He's got some neg feed back so i'll feel him out first

Comment

He really didnt have anything for kats
                              02' Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X