X

02 bandit 1200

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 bandit 1200

What's up katnation first of let me say I lost my zx11 in house fire and no one was hurt. Now I ran across a 02 b12 for 1800 is these bike good for riding round with the liter bikes or should I look at other bikes more in sport class . I will also ride it daily to work I no this a good deal but is it for what I want it for thanks for your imput
    Last edited by zodaddy; 03-29-2011, 02:37 AM.
    When the Job and Wife gives U Hell take the Xtra long way to them

I've heard some years had some problems. Maybe some possible faults with the engine? Sorry I can not be of more help on this one.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

How many miles and what sort of condition? That sounds pretty good but if its high mileage that could just be a kbb type price for it and not so much a deal. I personally don't know of too many issues with the 02. Its not a sports bike if that's what ur asking and it prob wouldn't keep up with a gsxr1000 but itd be a heck of a lot more comfortable going on trips.

Comment

I had an 02 Bandit 600....when searching for general info, I came across some info pertaining to a piston ring issue in certain B1200 models...the sizing was off I believe allowing for excessive oil consumption. The fix was a new set of ring(s) as I recall....and as always, I do not believe they were willing to replace for free (recall)....There should be similar sites like Katriders for the bandits for such info. Good luck.
        2004 GSX750F

Comment

A few years had oil consumption problems where the pistons would allow oil to enter the combustion chamber. You can check the Vin at www.maximumsuzuki.com.

Considering I paid $1000 just for a B12 engine, Id say $1800 for a whole bike is pretty good. Id buy it if it were me.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Thanks guys the bike only has 14k on it well maintain no breaks on issues , I read bout the piston problems they say after a certain vin # they were ok . Think I'm going to get it . There is no other bike site Like this one love it here thanks guys if any one find a good b12 site hit me up

Comment

No, it will not keep up with a liter class sportbike. Nice bike though.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  No, it will not keep up with a liter class sportbike. Nice bike though.
                  Keep in mind that there a number of B12
                  owners that will disagree as they have done
                  a slew of mods to their bikes.
                  Go to maximum-Suzuki.com to see what
                  some B12 owners have done to their bikes.Start with a
                  1216 kit, add some flatsides and go from
                  there.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                    Keep in mind that there a number of B12
                    owners that will disagree as they have done
                    a slew of mods to their bikes.
                    Go to maximum-Suzuki.com to see what
                    some B12 owners have done to their bikes.Start with a
                    1216 kit, add some flatsides and go from
                    there.
                    Well yeah, throw a couple grand at the engine and it will keep up to a certain extent with a stock 1k. Throw 500 at the gsxr and it will blow awAy any street bound 1200 or 1100 katana. Handle infinitely better too, you can get good power out of the bandit but a supersport it will never be.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ive got every bolt on for B12 and mine made 118.7 HP at the wheel. Thats right around the GSXR 750 range, but far from the 1000.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                        Ive got every bolt on for B12 and mine made 118.7 HP at the wheel. Thats right around the GSXR 750 range, but far from the 1000.
                        Yup, hell I wouldn't be surprised to see mine hit 115 on a happy dyno.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                          Find another dyno or you need something else (tuning?). My '91 Katana 1100 dynoed 118hp with the only mod being a 4-1 kerker. This despite the bike being in CA spec and with a dynojet (crap) jet kit.
                          You can get 140hp out of these B12's, and 1/4 mile time under ten seconds is possible, that will wax most bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                            Find another dyno or you need something else (tuning?). My '91 Katana 1100 dynoed 118hp with the only mod being a 4-1 kerker. This despite the bike being in CA spec and with a dynojet (crap) jet kit.
                            You can get 140hp out of these B12's, and 1/4 mile time under ten seconds is possible, that will wax most bikes.
                            http://www.holeshot.com/old/Bandit/bndt_12project.html
                            99% of the B12's Ive seen dynoed run between 115-125 with the same mods as mine.

That site you showed is results for the internl engine work. Even he says max out of a stock B12 is 115-120.

Before I get started I'd like to talk about Dynos and Dyno numbers. In my opinion the Dyno is just a tool to measure before and after results. The Dyno itself and the atmosphere conditions can change the horsepower numbers dramatically. For example, I had a few customers tell me that their B-12 made 122 to 126 horsepower with my pipe and Stage 2 jet kit on a Dyno Jet Dyno. If that same motorcycle ran on the Dyno jet that I use with the condition here, it would make 115-116 maximum. I also found that how and when you roll the throttle on during a pull can vary the horsepower up to 2 or 3.
                            Last edited by HemiKat; 04-02-2011, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys I dont want to out run the liter bike just keep up . Thanks for all the info

Comment

Working...
                              X