KOTM May 2009 DreKat

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Katana How-To's & FAQ's

Katana How-To's & FAQ's A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
RaiderRC
Katrider

Default CHEAP integrated turn signal mod pre98

So I bought this Kat a little while ago. A little beatin, uglified, and not working. So i spent last summer making it run, and learning to ride on the beaten fairings. Don't want to accidently drop the bike like a newbie after i work on making it pretty.

I like the clean look so I decided to integrate the turn signals. LEDs are a little too expensive and I already had the lights from the old turn singals, which i know will be bright enough.

Pried the old rivets off with a flat head.

Then bent them into a horse shoe shape. Make sure you have your pliers on the right angle to push into the housing. Not to hot or else you will ruin the housing i used a propane torch for about 10 seconds

Then pushed the hot metal into the housing. I think it would be better if you could get the metal deep enough into the housing so you could melt the plastic into the rivet holes to hold better.

At an angle so the bulbs will clear and can be removed

Then drilled a hole for the wires. My old lights have 3 wires and i used a 13/64 size drill bit. *DANGER* make sure you don't use the brighter filiment on all the time. I am pretty sure you will burn plastic.

And thats it. Should hook it up tomarrow

Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Katana How-To's & FAQ's