KOTM Dec 2007 Chinto

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Katana How-To's & FAQ's

Katana How-To's & FAQ's A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #11
jrs7
Chicken Strip

Exactly what I was needing to know. Thanks!
jrs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:24 PM   #12
Jamone
Skid Mark

Nice
Jamone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #13
source
Poser

Awesome write up Erm, anyone know if there is a site that sells those little push clips.
source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #14
FASHER
Miss Tennessee -AKA- Bubblicious

KOTM Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by source
Awesome write up Erm, anyone know if there is a site that sells those little push clips.

You can get em from www.RonAyers.com. Suzuki sells em for like $2.00ea : what a farking ripoff!!! You might also try your local automotive parts store. Orrrrrrrrrrrr, do what I did. I went to Home Depot and got some. Seems like they were maybe $1.50 for a package of two?

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help
FASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:08 PM   #15
source
Poser

great, thanks
source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:26 PM   #16
zvadim
Skid Mark

crap, I just finished doing my brake fluids and didn't think of taking the mirrors off, cuz service manual didn't say so. had to prop the fairing away from the frame with a stick. and now here it is... wish it was in mech101 or newbie FAQ
zvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:22 AM   #17
JaxKat
Kat Champion

KOTM December 2009

I had the Damnedest time with the push pin thingies ... They were so stuborn I about put a dang hole through my fingers ... and caught them in the pinch point too . Then I used a flat head screw driver to fit in the faring, to push on the top of the pin out and it worked great. They fell right out :P ... Not as easy as your way though ...
Great write up Sas .
Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
Veteran of the United States Air Force.
"Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".
JaxKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:48 AM   #18
Newbie2it
Kat Master

There were many a time on my Pre 98 when she was running like crap, that after working on it, taking it out and finding it still running equally as bad, that I wished I knew where to get explosive bolts so I could ride down the street pissed off and press a button and the kat would shed its skins before I stopped at the garage door.

Wishful thinking!! and a motor rebuild later and now she can keep her allens... for now Muhahaha!! Wish there was a fumoto valve type of release for fairings. Not to mention them silly little spacers I keep kicking around the garage now and then. <g>
I've given up on trying to keep them on the fairings or the screws

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.
Newbie2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Katana How-To's & FAQ's