KOTM Dec 2008 waveman

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki GSXF 650 Talk

Suzuki GSXF 650 Talk A little corner of katriders for the new GSXF 650s.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:12 AM   #11
Jakedasnake9
Skid Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiltonp View Post
your bowl could be cracked where the screw threads in, I have 2 that were cracked by the previous owner's "tech". Over tightened the screws... fixed mine with some fuel resistant epoxy... its been holding up for about 2 years now!
i will have to check around the nipple and bleed screw next time i go out to work on it, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac1886 View Post
I'm surprised this hasn't been said.. If you had almost a gallon of fuel in your airbox, you need to check your oil for fuel. You can usually smell the gas in the oil and the oil level will be way above full. If either of those scenarios are the case, you need to drain the oil and fill it with new before you run the motor any more. Leaky carbs almost always manage to dump fuel into your head.
I've already drained the oil and replaced it. I probably just forgot to mention i did so, but thanks for the input

Last edited by Jakedasnake9; 06-11-2016 at 02:12 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Jakedasnake9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:40 PM   #12
Jakedasnake9
Skid Mark

mmiltonp was correct about the crack, i used some sealant to fix it and tried running gas through it and it did not leak from the bowls or the sides. i put the bike mostly back together to run it and it does not seem to be leaking into the air box or oil anymore, still needs a test drive though.

i am not sure how a crack would make the carbs overflow to make it come out the sides though. if its leaking then the needle would never close but the extra gas coming in would just leak out.

i will update within the next couple of days if the problem is actually fixed or not.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:44 PM   #13
Jakedasnake9
Skid Mark

so i rode around on it for two days and it started leaking again, i was mad until i found out this time it was only leaking because i accidentally squished the fuel filter under my gas tank and it broke. but other than having to replace that everything is working great again. thank you all for your inputs.
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki GSXF 650 Talk