X

swingarm question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swingarm question

i am looking into possibly getting a different swing arm for my kat. i've seen that someone has put a 750 swingarm on their 600. was wondering what all need to be done to change swing arm. reason for wanting a different swing arm is so i can get a wider tire on the rear.

the 750 swingarm is the same but longer. Larger diameter rims afford wider tire selections, with space between the sides of the swingarm being the limiting factor.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

oh ok. do you know what the largest size tire i would be able to fit safely

Comment

get a post 98 kat wheel and you can run a 160/60, otherwise stick with a 150/70

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

well i do have a post 98 wheel but the tire that came on it is a 140

Comment

post 98 comes with a 150...so someone had the wrong tire on it to begin with

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

sorry didn't realize what i was saying i mean i have a pre 98 my bike is stock so its a 92 swingarm

Comment

your stuck running the 150, otherwise your riding at your own risk, i have post rims on my 92 750 and the 160 (battlax) rubbed against my brake arm....after a 100 miles it didnt run anymore....lol.....but i notched/ boxed the arm out so when i do my next tire swap i can fit the 170 with out a fitment problem

Comment

i ma stretching my kat 10" as we speak and we are going with a 190 on the back it is coming off my buddies gsxr1000 but if you are not going to stretch it then do like a 160 at the most.
                  I'm still the best squid I know ... and with that knowledge, the healing can begin.

Big Dre

Comment

alright good deal thanks for the replys. think i'll go with a 160

Comment

Originally posted by Deadams02 View Post
                      i ma stretching my kat 10" as we speak and we are going with a 190 on the back
                      and the point of this being?? to accommodate for the turbo and 150 shot of n2o your gonna run??

I've seen Busas stretched 10" over stock and they didn't even look all that great (see McCoy Motor Sports custom twin turbo busa for 'metric revolution') sick bike but streched way to far....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I just bought a 97 Kat 600 and shs is running on pilot power 170/60 on the rear.
                        Ride it like you stole it!!!

MSGT ANDREI A. YOUNG
                        U.S.M.C Semper Fidelis!!!!

Comment

your running a 170 on a pre98 rim????????????? a 170 is pushing it on a post 98 rim 3.5" vs 4.5". i would reconsider your tire selection bro, at least drop down to a 160, your 20mm over your max tire width

Comment

I have a 160 dunlop qualifier on my 93 600 and she fits greats and rides great. You can def. pull off a 160, but i dont think you could go any wider on the pre 98 swingarm because with my 160 i have about 2 mm worth of clearance between the brake arm and the tire, its REALLY close!

Comment

the rim is pre98 and it is the Michelin pilot power. I recently spent 3 hrs in a shop while the put the tire on. They seem to be the oly 170's that fit that rim. rides and handles great.
                              Ride it like you stole it!!!

MSGT ANDREI A. YOUNG
                              U.S.M.C Semper Fidelis!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X