X

Basic Bobber loom build to get running -

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Bobber loom build to get running -

Hi, just joined so apologies for jumping straight in.

I'm building a bobber from an 88 GSX base, all good... up to trying to get her running, just trying to get basic noise, select a gear and then I'm happy to strip down and get all shiny....or at least clean.

I've been trying to get my head round the CDI hook up, I can get power to the coils but no spark !! to give you an idea;

4 pin plug is
    Orange/white, now this is hooked up to the battery and spliced to CDI/coils.....im still not 100% this is correct but don't now how the CDI is powered if not through this !!!
    Black / White to earth
    Black /yellow to coil
    White to coil

The other plug, 6 pin
    Yellow and blue/black to ignite thingy - i cant get any indication of a live through this when power on, does it carry power ??
    haven't used the Rev wire

That's all the wires coming out of this thing ...

I prob need a volt meter but for the mo the bulb is on for power to coils as mentioned...

Should be simple I'm sure but has me done, before I spend money on a sparky or new ( ebay) CDI anything I'm doing or not doing right you thinks..?????

Oh, and when I can figure posting a pic ill do, garden/kitchen build don't get more basic...

Thanks

J.

Grab a manual, you need the wiring diagram. Orange and white is the other coil feed.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-11-2016, 07:08 AM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Grab a manual, you need the wiring diagram. Orange and white is the other coil feed.
      I have a manual, think that's fine for looms but as I'm just going basic its not so good or at least not for me..... it is the orange/white that's got me guising. Manual wire plan goes O/W to both + coil side, just don't know if I'm correct putting 12v from battery to the O/W going to CDI and + plus side of coils.
      I think on later CDI there may be a red CDI power wire....not on mine.

Comment

Orange/white feeds from the run switch to the CDI and coils, white wire on the left coil, black wire on the right coil.

Orange/white IS 12v+, the black and white are 12v- and the coil trigger wires.
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-11-2016, 08:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=84749

Orange/white feeds from the run switch to the CDI and coils, white wire on the left coil, black wire on the right coil.
          OK, thanks. At least putting live to the O/W is correct....that's how mine is wired now but no spark.. ill have to try further.

Would you expect any power to the ignitor ?? I cant find any, seems strange

Comment

THE POWER FEED FROM THE RUN SWITCH So, you can turn the engine off.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

THE POWER FEED FROM THE RUN SWITCH So, you can turn the engine off.

Understand. I have an on/off switch to work.
              Also sorry, I'm calling it an ignitor but I meant to expect any power to the signal generator...

Comment

No power feed to the signal generator, it creates a low voltage pulse to the CDI (ignitor).
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

No power feed to the signal generator, it creates a low voltage pulse to the CDI (ignitor).
                  thanks, ill re check. I don't think im far off with all this , may have to get another cdi

Comment

Working...
                  X