What Helmet do you rock? & why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon Templar View Post
    Nolan N104 EVO.

Because it's the best fit for the shape of my head. And when your head is of such a shape that you need a XXXL (you read that right, 3X)....Nolan is one of the few who do make a helmet that size.

....sT
    Just bought one myself, a lava grey EVO Action, L size, I love the fit and the wide view but still haven't ridden in it yet because I'm stil fixing my bike.

How are you perceiving it so far? any rattles? whistling? loud wind noise?

Can't wait to try mine out

Comment

Originally posted by Eastern Bloc View Post
      Just bought one myself, a lava grey EVO Action, L size, I love the fit and the wide view but still haven't ridden in it yet because I'm stil fixing my bike.

How are you perceiving it so far? any rattles? whistling? loud wind noise? ........

Mine is the Black Anthracite. My first modular helmet. No rattles or whistling. I moved up from a circa-1990 Shoei, so I've not a good frame of reference in terms of wind noise. Based on my experience, however, I don't think it is any noisier. Perhaps very slightly quieter.

I love the Nolan strap lock. MUCH easier to use. About time someone did away with the double D-rings.

One bit of advice.....install the Pinlock shield. I ran without Pinlock for awhile when I first got my EVO. Mostly because I didn't really buy into all the claims. But I am here to tell you.....the claims are all accurate. It's a total PIA to get installed properly, but I have not had even the slightest hint of fogging with it in place. That alone makes it worth its' weight in gold to me.

....sT
      --

FAA, retired (1983-2012)

Comment

Thanks for your input! I'm eager to find out how mine performs on my head, but still waiting for the carbs to return from ultrasonic cleaning.

My previous helmet was also modular, Caberg Modus, which was awfully noisy, could never ride with it on without ear protection even at low speeds. But it did have pinlock so I know exactly how good it is .. and I found it quite easy to install once I learned how to, it's easily installed with the visor detached from the helmet, thus you can flex the visor, widening both ends away from each other and the pinlock shield will just stick to it's place with the holes aligned to their pins on the visor.
        I remember it was an absolute PITA to install the first time I did it with the visor being still attached to the helmet.

The pinlock came pre-installed on my new Nolan, so I didn't have to tackle it this time

Enjoy your new helmet, and ride safely

Comment

Icon Variant Construct. It vents well and more comfy than I thought it would be.
          Also have a HJC FG-17 Jorge Lorenzo Racing Replica
          Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
          '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
          '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
          '11 Kawasaki KLR650
          I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Templar View Post
            One bit of advice.....install the Pinlock shield. I ran without Pinlock for awhile when I first got my EVO. Mostly because I didn't really buy into all the claims. But I am here to tell you.....the claims are all accurate. It's a total PIA to get installed properly, but I have not had even the slightest hint of fogging with it in place. That alone makes it worth its' weight in gold to me.

....sT
            Really? The first one I installed was a bit tricky but once I got the hang of that one, my followups have been very simple. I suppose I was mostly scared of bending the visor the way they stated.

My first Helmet was a Premier Monza and my 2nd (current) is AGV K5

Comment

Working...
            X