X

Metzeler Roadtec 01 - The new boss in town

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metzeler Roadtec 01 - The new boss in town

If you want the best available sport touring tire in 2016 throw your Michelin Pilot road 2 ,3 and 4 in the garbage.

Metzeler Roadtec 01

its magnificent. I mean I love the Pilot roads , I think Ive worn out 3 PR3 sets and 3 PR4 sets and they were really good both in the wet and dry and trackdays. But they aint got nothing on the new Roadtec 01 its my new tire for probably many years to come now. I just did a 1300km tour in twisties on try and soaking rain and they performed absolutely brilliant. I probably pushed those tires more than ive pushed any tire ( except for the the Pirelli Rosso Corsa ) but thats a completely different tire and is absolutely garbage in the rain.

Anyway... I havent changed the front tire to the Roadtec 01 yet but that rear tire is like glue even in deep water and thats on the s1000r.

Last edited by mammut89; 07-10-2016, 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2015 BMW S1000R

Not a fan of Metzeler. If they work for you . My next will be the Pr4 GT.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Figures I'd read this less than a week after getting a PR4. Would be interesting to see PR4 and 01 Head2head

Comment

What is that funny looking orange bike?
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
            What is that funny looking orange bike?
            Thats an Austrian moped
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Looking at other reviews online, your opinion of these tires is seeming spot on. I may just have to try these as the next tires for one of my street bikes. Thank you for the review!

Comment

If i own a pre kat should i get post rear wheel and 160/60/ZR17 tyre or stay with 150/70/R17. Thanks for help guys

Comment

Old thread but...

You won't see any real difference between the two. An extra 10mm isn't going to do much for you. If it's hard to get the original size, then go with what is cheapest - but go with something with a good review.

Comment

Working...
                  X