X

Pre 98 stock exhaust owners

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 98 stock exhaust owners

Can anyone look in the output side of there muffler and let me know if there is 4 holes in the plate that the baffle tip passes threw.

Picked up a stock system and it sounds too loud to me for a stocker. Either my baffles are gone or the 4 holes (not evenly spaced and not the same between left and right cans) were drilled by someone in hopes off some sort of mod.

How 'bought some pics?
    The only hole in mine (1990 750F) is one tiny hole at the bottom of the muffler for water to drain.
    I just got an OEM 1100 Katana exhaust system complete, and I look inside the final exhaust opening and see the sides are perforated, obviously by the factory because it could only be done during manufacturing.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
      How 'bought some pics?
      The only hole in mine (1990 750F) is one tiny hole at the bottom of the muffler for water to drain.
      I just got an OEM 1100 Katana exhaust system complete, and I look inside the final exhaust opening and see the sides are perforated, obviously by the factory because it could only be done during manufacturing.

Comment

I'll answer my own question, and say they are not suppose to be there. After looking threw stock systems for sale on the bay I came across a few that had a picture of the end looking in. No holes on them.

Kinda disappointed because I traded a V&H system for this one and was under the impression it was a good system. On the other hand I'm sure I can come up with something to plug them back up.

Comment

I would use Allen set screws so, that you can adjust the tone. Just incase you want it a bit louder.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            I would use Allen set screws so, that you can adjust the tone. Just incase you want it a bit louder.
            I was going to MIG the holes but can't get in there, just got done cutting up some 3/8th bolts (a 3/8th tap worked on the holes) cut some slots in them for a flat head and coated the threads with some JB weld. Hopefully they don't spin out or in.

Short allen cap screws would have been better, the shoulder of the head would of bottomed out on the plate and tighten up and less risk of them falling inside the can but as far as sound level I like quiet

Comment

How did it sound? Was it a nice loud sound or a raspy yucky loud sound? I have the stock muffler for mine and wouldn't mind hollowing out the whole thing, but this would work too....if it sounded half decent that is
              Last edited by MotorBikeMike; 05-03-2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X