X

my noise reducer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my noise reducer

ok so my ratfightered gsx750f was a bit loud with its underslung forward facing cherrybomb, so I looked in my spare parts bin and have stuck an old tl1000s throttle body in the end and run a cable to it, ok no good at higher revs but then its not meant to be closed when tanking on, but I can ride around built up areas quiet as a mouse, then boom at the pull of a lever when I hit the open road

that is a whole new meaning to WTF.......some people just have bad taste and f-ed up ideas.
    Hey, it's your ride... If it works for you, go for it but, my brain keeps asking..Why face the exhaust forward? Why not just change the muffler?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Doesn't that cause rideability issues? I'd think that exhaust gasses not being able to escape as intended would have some consequences.
      Although that type of exhaust would likely have been really lean, so maybe this adds some back-pressure back into the system?
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Too much back pressure and you'll cook the valves.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Oil filter hanging off the side? Bike must be interesting to look at.....

Comment

I was curious to see how that was installed. Not sure if you could actually get a good oil change with that.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

For what it's worth, my Kubota L3800 comes with a forward facing exhaust. So is your ratkat orange?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

We have a fork lift that's the same way.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

But is it orange?

Comment

Orangish yellow, we call it Henry because it still has Henry steel on it...
                    Remington's brother
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I think this is hilarious/awesome and I have no idea why. I do have thing for exhaust valves on cars though....maybe that's it.

Comment

id show you pics of the full bike but cant post pics and photobucket is rubbish now too

Comment

Is the car orange?

Comment

Working...
                            X